Saturday, August 27, 2011

8-27-11

7:25am

Even though I got two prescriptions yesterday evening
I haven't been able to start any of them til now.
I couldn't take the potassium til this morning
because one of the warnings or directions on
the label said do not lay down for a certain
amount of time after taking it.
Well I was exhausted by the time we got
home from Kroger pharmacy and had to lay down.

My other medicine for stomach cramps and diarrhea
I can't take til Sunday due to them needing
a stool sample. This'll be fun having to wait.
My stomach pains stop me in my tracks at times
and wake me up in the middle of the night
having to go potty.

Well I'm going to go do my potassium med.
It comes in individual packets and is a powder
you mix with water or juice, drink slowly for 5-10 minutes
and take with food. I have to do this every day
for the next 60 days/2 months.

------------------------------------------

8:00am

Well we were all supposed to go down to the flea
market this morning. I don't think there has
ever been a time I have turned down going to
the flea market. This morning I think I'll be staying
home while Tony and the kids go. I just can't imagine
me trying to walk around that place with all my
aches and pains at the moment along with my frequent
restroom use. It hurts too much to walk around for
long periods of time. My one right calf muscle
hurts like heck and I'm sure it's associated with
the rest of the muscle pains I've been having.
Extremely low potassium levels causes muscle weakness.

I know I sound like a big cry baby at the moment
but it's how I really feel. Usually I don't feel this bad.
And when mama don't feel
good it kind of affect everyone around her.
I feel helpless because I want to get up and do things
like laundry, cleaning, cooking and so on and can't do much
because I can't stand for too long.
I know, I need to get out
my stool and set it by the stove so I can cook some
lasagna today since it didn't get made yesterday.
We'll see how I feel because tiredness overwhelms me at times.
I also want to make my banana bread. Yesterday me and mom
stopped in Dollar General. I haven't been in there awhile
and was hoping to find some chocolate chips, the last
ingredient I need to make my banana bread. I'm not impressed
with that store and don't see where their prices are cheap
enough for me to shop there. A bag of chocolate chips were
almost $3.00 and looked like they were old because they
were turning a white color. I didn't really feel like
walking around Kroger or any grocery store because of the
way I feel so got to thinking what I could use instead of the chips.
I ended up buying an 8 pack of Hershey chocolate bars for $1.00.
I can either chop or grate them up to use in place of
the chocolate chips.

-------------------------------------------

12:45pm

Just woke up. I went back to bed from 9 til now.
I feel like crap. My whole body hurts to move around.
I don't know if I can take Tylenol or ibuprofen for
the pain but I need something! So mom's going to
call a pharmacy and see if I can take something for the pain
and between it and fatigue I am getting very irritable!!
Pain will make you that way. That is the reason I went
to the doctors, not so much for the diarrhea but for
the worsening pain each day.

----------------------------------

5:30pm

I was allowed to take ibuprofen with my meds
thank goodness because I was starting to look
like a dog trapped in a cage. I felt confined
to the couch wanting to get up but every time
I did it hurt so bad to move or I just felt
so weak with no energy. So I've been
laying down most of the day til now.


At around 4:30pm I started to feel better with
the pain and was actually able to get up and move
around. Tony helped me make homemade lasagna for supper.
It's now 6:05pm and any energy I had went to the wayside.
Tony has been such a super help today getting the house
tidied up. He did all the dishes and even cleaned the kitchen up.


Ingredients-

-1 box barilla no boil lasagna noodle- free
-1 pound sausage $2.49
-1 can meat spaghetti sauce- free
-2 cans tomato soup- free
-1 two cup package mozarella shredded cheese- $1.79
-1 large container cottage cheese- $1.79
-2 eggs beaten- .25 cents

Total cost- $6.32
makes about 12 servings or 3 meals.
@ $2.10 a meal or .52 cents a serving.

Fry sausage in skillet. Drain.

In a large bowl add spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, about a
half tomato soup can of water, sausage, garlic powder,
italian seasoning and a couple tablespoons splenda. Stir together.

In a small bowl beat 2 eggs. Stir in entire container
of cottage cheese.

In a 9x13" casserole dish add spaghetti sauce enough to cover bottom.
Top with 4 sheets of lasagna. Spoon sauce on top then cottage cheese.
Add 4 more lasagna noodles. Repeat layers and start adding
mozarella cheese on top of sauce and cottage cheese.
For top layer add pasta, sauce and cheese.

Cover with aluminum foil and put casserole dish on
a large cookie sheet should it happen to bake over the sides
you don't want a mess in your oven.

Bake 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

-------------------------------------------------


Here's an Amish bread recipe for a bread machine.

-------------------------------------------------

8:00pm

Sat out on the porch for a little bit just to
get some fresh air outside. I saw on the news online
that out east you could start seeing some bands
from hurricane Irene.
Not sure if these are the bands, I suppose they are
since there aren't any clouds in any other direction.



Here's some of my enchanted rose zinias that started blooming.






No comments:

Post a Comment