Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2-15-12

9:55am

Kids don't have any school today nor Monday.


Sitting here trying to come up with a recipe with
things I have on hand to maybe make some ravioli with.
Alrighty then, here is what I found to make my
ravioli filling-

-about 6 ounces softened cream cheese
-1 pkg imitation crab meat, cut up with kitchen shears
-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-1 egg
-1.5 tablepoons dry onion soup mix
-1 tsp worcestershire sauce
-1 tsp. lemon juice
-6 slices precooked bacon chopped up

I mixed everything above with mixer til combined.

I ended up doing everything the old fashioned way
with making ravioli.
Pasta
-1 cup flour
-1 egg
-dash of salt
Mix everything together and add a little water if needed.




------------------------------------------------------


Supper turned out pretty good.
I boiled up the ravioli and drained. Then before
returning them back to the pot I added a couple
tablespoons butter, a can of cream of chicken soup,
an empty can or three of milk, then I stirred
in any extra remaining ravioli filling that I didn't use.
Heat til warmed through. Then carefully add in
the ravioli and stir gently til coated.



--------------------------------------------------------


Here is an update on the celery bottoms I put into
a partial glass of water to see if they would grow.
3 days later and yes, they have started to sprout
from the middle. I change the water every couple of
days. I might trim off a few pieces of
outer celery pieces that have turned brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment