Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2-7-12

7:00am

Already got something going in the crock on low.
I added a deer roast, 2 cups beef broth,
1 can cream of mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms,a packet
of beef seasoning, beef boullion & worcestershire sauce.
Oh, and I threw in a can of diet sparkling cranberry
drink from ocean spray into the gravy mix. I think I received
it as a sample and no one wanted to drink it so didn't
want to let it go to waste :0) Hey some people use wine
when cooking I use cranberry drink, lol.

It was a pretty big deer, roast mostly frozen,
so I figured it would take most of the day to cook.

Got one child off to the bus stop then came
home and made breakfast for everyone else
of egg & cheese sandwiches along with a side
of apple slices with peanut butter on them.

I think later on for dessert with supper
I'll make a strawberry pizza. Instead of making
the strawberry topping I'm using a can of
strawberries I found in the pantry.

Crust:

1 cup flour

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup butter

Filling:

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Topping;

1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed

4 Tbsp. granulated sugar

1 Tbsp. cornstarch

8 – 10 strawberries sliced.

Crust:

In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter. Form into a ball with hands and press into a 14 inch ungreased pizza pan (I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone)

Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.

Filling:

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice. Spread on cooled crust.

Topping:

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch. Simmer until thick and glossy. Cool. Spread on top of cream cheese filling.

Cut fresh strawberries crosswise to make rounds that resemble pepperoni, place on pizza and serve


-----------------------------------------------------


12:55pm

Stopped in the doctor's office today. They gave
Tony an appointment for 11:45am tomorrow morning
for a cat scan to be done. We also had to get
his medicine straightened around from yesterday.
He has to take it a couple times today and for 2 days after the cat scan.
Because he is a diabetic he has to take this medicine
so that his kidney's don't fail during the cat
scan and IV proceedure.

Anyways after a long wait for his prescription
we finally just got home.
Mom brought us some KFC for lunch, mmm mmm mmmm!
And she brought us a bunch of produce
that she got from the senior center.
It's been a long time since they've had any
food to give over there.

-head of cauliflower
-2 pkgs of kabob veggies
-Portabella stuffed pizza mushrooms
-Portablella stuffed Southwestern mushrooms
-pkg of white mushrooms
-4 bell peppers


Oh yeah, I added two more items to the
Freebies Found sections. I forgot about
a couple items that were still in the back
end of the truck.


----------------------------------------------------------


3:00pm

I got my strawberry pizza done. I worked on the crust
and the toppings before heading out and picking
one child up from the bus stop. This allowed
the crust to cool. Then once home I put it altogether.


And that's about when my one child tells me that the
parent teacher conferences are tonight at 6:30pm.
Crap!
They are having a free spaghetti dinner for
families attending the conferences at the school tonight.
I ain't passing up a free meal!!
Looks like the deer roast in the crock will be going
in the fridge for tomorrow's supper.

I need to spend a morning working on chopping up
a bunch of vegetables for the freezer. My fridge
is becoming overwhelmed with them! I'm going to be
lucky to find a spot to sit the crock in there.
two 2 pound bags of onions,
2 stalks of celery,
carrots,
cauliflower,
and bell peppers.


--------------------------------------------------------


7:30pm

Just got home from one parent teacher conference.
We have another one on Thursday.
Everything looks ok, whew. But those teachers
can talk your ear off like you are a long lost friend.
Stories and laughter and things not even school related, lol.
Considering the time it was by the time the teachers
got done talking, lol, we went to the cafeteria and got our
spaghetti dinner to go. I had it in my mind that
it would be a simple spaghetti dinner and it wasn't!
The spaghetti dinner was catered in from Monte Carlos restaurant.
There was a side salad with dressing, which by the way didn't
seem like a side salad considering they each gave us a styrofoam
plate full then used another plate to heap our spaghetti on!
Then we had big rolls that looked like hoagie rolls with butter.
And lastly there was pop to drink.
So it turned out to be a pretty good evening at the school.


-----------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment