Monday, February 20, 2012

2-20-12

9:30-10:45AM


I have been a busy little camper this morning. I got
laundry started. I usually do it on Sundays but the kids
don't have school today so decided to do it today instead
since we were busy yesterday.

I made up some pumpkin Belgian waffles for breakfast
and some for the freezer for the rest of the week.

Pumpkins are good for you! So by adding it
to recipes you are making them much healthier for you.
For each cup of pumpkin:

* Calories: 80
* Carbohydrates: 19 gram
* Cholesterol: 0
* Fat: less than 1 gram
* Potassium: 588 milligrams
* Protein: 2.4 grams
* Vitamin A: 310% of RDA
* Vitamin C: 20% of RDA


I am so loving my Oster Kitchen Center.
Here it is in use mixing together the
pumpkin waffle ingredients.


How to make Pumpkin Waffles-

-boxed butter cake mix
-1 can pumpkin
-1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

Mix all together and drop by heaping tablespoons
onto waffle maker.




While waffles were cooking I cut up some
green bell peppers and mushrooms and got them
bagged up and ready for the freezer.

When I go down to the basement to change laundry
over I have a ton of things to put in the
basement freezer. Running out of room in
my refrigerator/freezer upstairs!
g
-zuchinni, onion, bell pepper & mushroom mix
-celery
-mushrooms
-green bell peppers
-stuffed pepper
-beef noodle tips with noodles
-stuffed pepper filling, meat & rice
-pork chop & stuffing
-sausage, pasta & veggies


----------------------------------------------------


12:50pm

One load of laundry done, one in the dryer and one in the washer.

I browsed Craigslist some. I saw someone had 4 tall
bookshelves for $10 each. Wrote them to see if they
would offer a discount if I purchase all 4.
Awaiting an answer back. I'm trying to find cheap
bookshelves to one day make a better storage area
under the basement steps. Right now the sides of
the steps are enclosed and the backside is open.
It is such a pain in the rear trying to store
things that way. You have to take everything
out to get things out of the back. I was hoping
to make some kind of storage shelves out of
bookcases like the one below by tearing out the
drywall on the side, underneath the stairs.
I'd angle cut the tops where needed to fit
under the stairs, put wheels on each bookcase,
and add drawer pulls for handles to pull each one out.





--------------------------------------------------------


Tony has the on call pager this week. This ought to be fun.


--------------------------------------------------------


4:00pm

Last load of laundry is in washer. I'll have done
about 4 loads today. To make my life easier, when hanging
up clothes, I've been matching tops and pants and hanging
them all on one hanger for each person. Less closet space
and less hassle in the morning (or the night before) with everyone trying
to find something to wear.


My laundry room is the only room in the basement with
an unfinished wall with only the studs of the wall showing.
I would love to get some more boards and make small shelves
to possibly store pantry food on. The one black bar
going across the middle of the photo is my rolling laundry
rack that sits in front of my washer and dryer.
Anyway I think it would be a good idea to put
that wall to use by adding shelves to it.
My laundry room.


What I would like to do, build shelves between the studs
of the wall.




I know this laundry, furnace & hot water heater room is just a plain ole room.
I'm the one who visits this room frequently so I would
like to jazz it up some and not feel like I'm
doing laundry in a dungeon. What if I did some pretty
contact paper on the backs of the pantry shelves
I want to make? I thought I remembered seeing similar
contact paper at Big Lots like seen below for a buck
or two a roll.
When I saw it I kept thinking how pretty it was
and I wish I had a use for it, lol.

I haven't heard back from the one person I wrote
to earlier about the bookshelves.
Trying to get a game plan in place with what
I would like to do to the basement.


-----------------------------------------------------------


9:25pm


I had a sweet tooth and decided to make up some
chocolate chip cookies. As they were baking
I got to thinking, man those would be even
better with some marshmallows on top, lol.
Anything ooey gooey, chocolatey...right up my alley.
So about 5 minutes before they were due to be done
I put two peppermint marshmallows on top of each cookie. These
marshmallows aren't shaped like your regular
marshmallows, they are more puck shaped.



--------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment