Monday, April 2, 2012

4-2-12

10:15am


I took mom over to Kroger to get a few items.
I scoured the store for some mark downs and
here is what I got-



8 half gallons chocolate milk .49 cents each

2 gallons 1% milk $1.49 each



2 pkgs white chocolate bark $1.00 each

Eggies $3.00

Me and hubby agreed that if we found milk marked
down at a cheap price that we would stock up on it.
All of this milk went into my freezer.
For 6 gallons of milk I paid a total of $6.90.

Usually milk is about $2.99 a gallon not on sale.
So at regular price those would have cost me $17.94.
I saved $11.04 by buying the marked down milk and freezing it.

The chocolate bark I am putting back for the holidays.
I'm sure those packages of bark goes for $3 to $4 each normally.

I'm giving the Eggies things a try as I type. I do not
have much luck peeling boiled eggs so was willing
to give this gadget a try at only $3.00.



My review of Eggies-

I made a mess with egg whites when pouring eggs
into the cups as they overflowed some when trying
to put the caps on.

The top caps were hard to screw on.
When boiling them, some of the egg whites escaped
the plastic cases.

Removing the caps was a little hard.

For a quick and easy breakfast or snack these are
a handy gadget for home.

As for making deviled eggs to take
to a potluck, they don't retain the shape of an egg
Once boiled they look like a half of an egg, with one
rounded end and one flat end.

The directions say to grease
the egg cups. I used cooking spray. The end result of
the outside of the egg looked like it had dimples or
was a cousin to a golf ball.


The eggs did turn out yummy. But I don't think it's too
hard to screw up boiled eggs. Unless your boiling
them in the shell and trying to peel the suckers, lol.


------------------------------------------------------


4:25pm


I made a second go-round of chicken pot pies for supper tonight.
I used up leftover pot pie filling from Thursday. I stretched it out
even more by adding a can of cream of mushroom soup to it.
I pressed biscuits into a jumbo muffin pan, spooned in filling
and topped with cheese.



For dessert I made oatmeal pumpkin cream pies.



I used a betty crocker oatmeal cookie mix,
added in 1/2 cup butter, 1 egg and a small package
of dry pumpkin spice pudding. (you could also
use vanilla or butterscotch flavors. All I had
was pumpkin so it's what I used)

Scoop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls and roll into
balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
With fingertips I pressed the dough into a circular shape.
Bake 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and
allow to sit on cookie sheet a couple minutes before
removing to a wire rack to cool.

Once cool I used Duncan Hine's cream cheese frosting
to put in between two cookie to make sandwiches.

The recipe made 18 cookie pies.


--------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment