Thursday, July 19, 2012

7-19-12

7:55am


Yesterday I was trying to figure out what medicine
the gastreonologist gave me earlier this year
that I was taken off of because of
it caused stomach pains.
I wrote about it back in February 2012
but failed to mention the name of the 
medicine for my records so I want to make
a note that I think it was a prescription called CIPRO.

 I am currently taking 500mg of Metronidazole
which is Flagyl.  
The prescription I had
to turn down yesterday because of cost 
($1800 without insurance and $200 with) 
was for 3mg Budesonide.

Still noticing a symptom of dry eyes.
I started getting this earlier this week
before taking any prescription medicine.
I am feeling the dry eyes again this morning.

Dry Eye



Also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca, dry eye causes annoying sensations of grittiness, itching and burning in the eye. In people with Crohn's disease, vitamin A deficiency from chronic diarrhea and malabsorption may lead to dry eye. Vitamin A supplements and artificial tears help decrease the discomfort caused by dry eye.


I found this prescription program and
are researching it to see if there's 
a little light at the end of the tunnel
to get help with paying for my prescription Lialda
which costs over $100 a month with insurance.
Without insurance I think it would cost
somewhere in the range of $600 to $800 for a one month's supply.
Once I am out of my samples then I would
need to turn it over to my mail order prescription
company which requires that I get a 90 day
supply at a time which would cost over $300
just to get my medicine.




---------------------------------------------------


10:00am


I just gave myself a facial because I noticed
my skin being oily and starting to break out.
I applied lemon juice all over my face
as a home remedy to clear blemishes.
It's also good to use if you have uneven
skin tones.  The lemon juice will lighten
any dark spots.  You can also apply lemon juice
to your hair and sit out in the sun to
lighten your hair.


Got supper in the crock.  
I just threw something together to resemble chili
with what I had on hand.

-1 can tomato soup .90 cents
-3/4th jar of salsa $1.50
-1 pound deer burger free
-1 can light red kidney beans .59 cents
-1 can pork and beans .10 cents 
-Kroger bakery garlic pull apart bread $1.49


TOTAL COST $4.58





 




No comments:

Post a Comment