Monday, October 17, 2011

10-17-11

7:30am

Vacation time is over with. Now back to our
regularly scheduled program.


8:30

Everyone is off to work and school.
Sitting here now planning what to have for
supper tonight. I still have some hamburger left
so was thinking about some salisbury steak with gravy
over noodles. Here's a recipe I'm using as a guide
to make it. I don't have all the ingredients so will
have to exchange some things with things I have.
-No saltine crackers- butter round crackers in it's place.
-I have a little leftover gravy but not enough for
this recipe. So with the leftover gravy I'll mix
in a can of cream of mushroom soup and add some
beef bouillon.
-I don't have mushrooms other than what's in the
cream of mushroom soup.
-I'm not adding horseradish or onions even though I have them.
-And lastly I don't have noodles but do have bowtie pasta.


----------------------------------------------------


Here's a few coupon and sales match ups I found for Meijer-

Barilla Pasta, Whole Grain Pasta, or Piccolini, $0.99
$1/4 Barilla Pasta Meijer Mealbox printable
$0.55/1 Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, exp. 11/13/11 (SS 09/18/11)
$1/2 Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, exp. 11/13/11 (SS 09/18/11 R)
As low as FREE after coupon


Nestle Toll House Morsels, $2.19
$1/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels printable
$0.55/2 Nestle Toll House Morsels printable
$1/2 Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels, exp. 10/31/11 (SS 08/21/11 R)
$0.50/1 Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels, exp. 10/31/11 (SS 08/21/11)
As low as $1.19 each after coupon


----------------------------------------------------------


I've been finding coupons for $1.00 off 2
two liters of 7Up, A&W, Canada Dry, Sunkist or Sun Drop
pop at Speedway. These are hanging off the 2 liter bottles.
Expires 10-31-11.


---------------------------------------------------------


10:00am


I've been browsing around for some craft projects
with the holidays coming up. It is getting to be that
time of year when the weather is turning colder
and before you know it we will be cooped up inside
with cabin fever.
Anyways I ran across what I thought was a really neat
craft project, a headboard bench.
I'm all the time seeing old headboards along the roadways
set out as trash and I even find them in the bulk pick up
area at my honey's work. I'm going to have to keep this
idea in mind! Wouldn't these make a cute bench for
someone's porch or garden area? Or what about a bench
for a farmhouse table. Makes me want to go curb crawling!!
You could also check thrift stores for cheap headboards
and they usually have a half price day each month.


------------------------------------------------------------


I also got another idea from the website linked above.


I still have a couple old window frames that I've stored
in the basement. I found them sitting along the roadside.
I was thinking about getting out one and doing a quilt like
look with different compatible fabrics in each panel.


----------------------------------------------------------


Torn between what to do with the leftover fabric I have
from recovering the chairs. I was going to make a
padded bench seat. Yesterday Jonathan had one of his friends
over while I had my fabric sprawled out on the floor cutting
it to cover the chairs. This child kept walking all over
my fabric. I asked if he could please stay off my fabric!!
He said, sorry I thought it was a rug. So that sparked
an idea for the leftover fabric, I could make a runner with it.
It's a thicker upholstery fabric so it should hold up
as a runner if I chose that route.





-------------------------------------------------------------------

3:15pm

"like" Kettle Chips on Facebook
They are giving away 30,000 bags of chips!
It takes MANY tries of reloading the page
since their site is slow.
I FINALLY got through!


Walgreens has a sale on Kettle Chips this week for $1.99.
There was a recent printable $1.00 off coupon to make them .99 cents a bag.


------------------------------------------------------------------



"like" Nature Sweet on Facebook to get
a .75 cents coupon.


--------------------------------------------------------------


5:00pm

Mom called and we chatted. She mentioned to me that
one of the topics at a church meeting was that they
needed a way to save the furniture in the sitting
room of the church. Let's just say people are having
a hard time getting off the sofa after sitting
down that it sucks 'em in. And someone is going to
get injured in their behind because the springs
aren't up to par either. Mom was telling the church
that they should buy some used furniture somewhere
and that me and mom could find them a good deal somewhere
at a thrift store. I also mentioned to mom about
the headboard and foot board benches that I mentioned
earlier and thought that would be a good idea to make.
I now have Tony keeping an out at work for some.


---------------------------------------------------


supper- Salisbury Steak

With bowtie pasta it made 5 servings.
I still have 7 steaks leftover that will
go into the freezer for another supper or lunch.

Hamburger- free
butter crackers- .50 cents
1 egg- .15 cents
garlic powder, onion powder, jarred minced garlic- .05 cents
leftover beef gravy- free
2 cans cream of mushroom soup- $1.00

Total cost- $2.75
makes 5 steak servings with pasta
plus 7 extra steak patties.



----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment