Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

8:50am

Ever have a time when you're craving something
sweet and tear the kitchen apart trying to find
something. Sometimes we don't have that backup,
emergency package of cookies for times like
this and have to come up with something
creative to feed our urge now.

I wake up most mornings wanting something
sweet to eat. This is
what I came up with to snack on for breakfast, lol-

Cinnamon & sugar pie crust cookie sticks
with dip.

Using a store bought pie crust cut it into
slices and place on baking sheet.
Melt butter in microwave. Brush butter
over top of pie crust then sprinkle
with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake.

While baking, add a couple spoonfuls of
cream cheese frosting into a small bowl
and place in microwave about 20-25 seconds
til melted. Stir in a teaspoon or so of
strong coffee or in my case I added some
instant coffee granules and stirred
it into the melted frosting.

Remove pie crust cookies from oven, turn off oven and remember
to leave oven door open on cold days like this.
Serve cookies on plate with dipping sauce.

Or if you are a coffee drinker, which I am not,
serve these along side your morning coffee
and use that to dip them in.

Nothing like a little sugar, caffeine and carbs
to get your days going, lol.




----------------------------------------------------


9- 11:30am

2.5 hours later and I'm finally done with
my window quilt. I was originally going to
do one fabric piece per window area
but decided to jazz it up some more and
do two different fabrics in each one.
Eventually over time I would like to
switch out and replace some of the fabric
when I find it for cheap.
This is just what I had to do it with
at this time. I still love the reds and greens
so will use those and I love cabbage roses
so would like to find fabric in those colors
and prints.



----------------------------------------------------


Use beans and rice to stretch meat meals.

For supper I am making a Chili Meatloaf.

1 pound hamburger
1 pound sausage
1 jar salsa 16 ounces, divided in half
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
2 15.5 ounce cans chili beans in sauce
4 T. brown sugar

In a large bowl using your hands, mix
the sausage and hamburger together.
Add in both cans of chili beans & mix.
Add in half jar of salsa, egg and breadcrumbs
and continue mixing with hands.

In a small bowl add the other half jar of
salsa and brown sugar. Mix together
and spoon over top the meatloaf.
Right before the meatloaf is done,
sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar cheese
and return to oven for another 5 or so minutes.

This will make 2 meatloaves so divide
meat mixture between 2 loaf pans.

Or do what I did-
Put half into a loaf pan and the other
half, formed into a loaf, and put into
a zip freezer bag for another day.

I also made up a pot of homemade mashed potatoes.

I added a small can of Campbell's brown gravy
with onions in a small saucepan and added another
can of water. Add about a teaspoon
of beef bouillon.Heat til almost boiling then
add in a mixture of a little
water mixed with 2 tablespoons of flour.
Stir with whisk and until gravy thickens.

I did this to stretch out that small
can of gravy among 4 people.

For dessert I made up apple dumplings
with caramel sauce and cool whip on top.



-----------------------------------------------------


When I had my hair cut I told the lady cutting
my hair that I get bad knots in my hair during
the night making it almost impossible to comb out.
She recommended that I put my hair in a french braid
before going to bed.

I taught myself 20+ years ago how to French braid.

I found some videos of how to jazz up French braids
with a Waterfall French braid. I'd like to try this
sometime.

How to Waterfall French Braid video-
You'll need to know how to French braid before doing this.


Waterfall French Braid with Spirals video-




-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment