Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11-22-11

7:00am


This will be an interesting Thanksgiving.
I am trying my best to get things made to
take to my brothers. My Irritable Bowel Syndrome
seems to be acting up once again. My belly feels
raw and is constantly hurting with more trips
to the bathroom. It's waking me up at night.
It's probably caused by all the stress I've
been having about the holidays and wondering
how to get through it all with what little we have.
Every day I am counting down til we get our
tax return which will help out lots! Only about
2 1/2 more months to go which seems like
a very long time.


I got the rolls made
and might make up a second batch just to make
sure I have enough so that everyone can have
at least 2 rolls each.
I have decided that I'm going to make up
another apple pie since the last ones flopped.
I don't have any more fresh apples but do have a
a couple cans of apple pie filling and
a can of pears. So thinking about an apple
and pear pie with the no roll pie crust.
It's the same crust I used for the turkey pot
pies, the only difference is that you add
a teaspoon of sugar to the crust when
making it for desserts.
I still have a peaches n cream dessert to make,
deviled eggs and a green bean casserole.

Oh yeah, I still have my hair to color.
I have a nice supply of hair colors that I got
either really cheap or free. The hair
color I will be using today or tomorrow
is a Clairol Nice & Easy that I picked up
at a yard sale for .25 cents!

Mom called last night and wanted to know
if I wanted to go out to breakfast today
with them at Bob Evans, their treat.
I told them yes last night but might
call and cancel going this morning.
I feel like crap with stomach pains,
tiredness and trips to the bathroom.

I started back on the Pentasa medicine last
night which is for inflammation in the
intestines. This medicine costs me $100
(with our health insurance!)
for a months supply so I try to take it
only when I need it. It requires
taking 8 pills 4 times a day! And while I don't
recommend taking someone elses prescription
medicine, I am so thankful that a friend
gave me a months supply of her medicine
for free that is exactly the same medicine
I am taking. That helps out soooo much because
I don't have an extra $100 to buy medicine
at the moment! Without insurance this medicine
originally cost $875!!!!! CRAZY!


--------------------------------------------------------


9:45am

Got another round of roll dough going.
Currently it is sitting on the stove
waiting for it to rise and double in size.
Since it can be a little chilly in here
I turned the oven on until I heard the
preheat beep go off then I turned off
the oven. This will give a little warmth
to the stove top (with oven door cracked open)
to allow the dough to rise. (plus puts a little
more heat in the house)
Or you can do like I did yesterday,
I put the casserole dish on top of
the heater vent while waiting for it to rise.
I did that when I got the rolls made
and waited for the second rise before baking.


--------------------------------------------------


10:55am

Got the rolls divided up. This time around
I am using a cupcake pan. I took a 1/3 measuring
cup and added dough to it then kneaded it some
to get the rounded shape. This way the rolls
would all be the same size. Still might make up
yet another batch of these later on and put
the other rolls I made yesterday into the freezer
for ourselves. They are great to make breakfast
sandwiches out of.



I don't think little squirrley is liking this rain.
He's been out underneath the carport.
Actually he's been trying to get into the bird food.
No matter where we put the tote with the bag in it
he always seems to find it. Tony put some chicken wire
over the tote recently and this squirrel has been
trying his darndest to get into it.
I gave him a Thanksgiving treat of a casserole
dish full of flopped apple pie. So waiting
to see if he digs in, lol.


I'm gonna go lay down.
I'm tired. My stomach aches kept
waking me up throughout the night
making it hard to sleep. Trying to
get one last nap in before the
holiday weekend.


--------------------------------------------------------


Possible new Axe Fixers Body Wash on Facebook.

Be one of the first 2000 fans each week to complete
the quiz and coupon claim form and we'll send you a
coupon* to try the eligible AXE Fixer of your choice for FREE.


-----------------------------------------------------------


3:25pm

Got my rolls baked and they turned out beautiful.
About time something came out right!
These are some big bubba rolls. No need to go back for seconds!
I brushed the tops once out of the oven with
some melted butter mixed with just a pinch of
garlic powder.





So I'm hearing some noises and rustling coming
from the kitchen. I do a little investigating
and this is what I found-



-------------------------------------------------------------


Grab a few Blockbuster codes for FREE movies on Thanksgiving.
Pop in a movie for your guests to watch or
to keep the kids entertained.
These are for the $1.00 movies.


Codes Expire 11/30

* 1ZW5FT
* 42IMX7
* LXNA40
* TWILIGHTSAGA (Good for any Twilight Movie)


------------------------------------------------------


Here's something you can make for cheap
Christmas gifts-

1 cup salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup water
paint

Preheat oven to 250 F.
Mix together, salt, flour, and water until a dough is formed. Knead the dough on a floured surface until the mixture is elastic and smooth. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle with flour, continue to do so until stickiness is gone. BE CAREFUL. Do not add too much flour, this will dry out the dough and will cause it to crack before you get a chance to bake it.

Roll out on floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.
If using or giving as an ornament make sure to
make a hole for some ribbon to go after they are
baked and painted.

Paint as desired and allow to dry.

THIS DOUGH IS NOT EDIBLE, though it won't hurt you or your kids, it just won't taste very good!

Check out a variety of ornaments HERE
to get some ideas of what to make.

I was thinking about maybe making some pen/pencil
toppers like THESE but making them
in the shape of a hammer & screwdriver
for the maintenance workers at my honey's work.

One year I made rice filled hand warmers
that they could put in the microwave
and then put in their pockets when out
working outside.
You could use old flannel shirts or sheets
for the fabric.


-----------------------------------------------------


I don't do Black Friday sales, even if I had
the money to do them. I don't like crowds,
traffic or long lines. Last year I did discover
that if you really wanted to do a store
for Black Friday that Pep Boys is an easy in,
easy out and no crowds!
That had lots of deals, mostly with rebates.

HERE are their ads. One is for Nov. 25 through Nov. 27th.
But watch the store hours when these sales are available.

Was considering these deals.
We got them last year.

5 quarts Castrol GTX oil with Purolater filter for $7.00
after $10 mail in rebate.
You can't beat this deal! Oil is generally about $4+ a quart!!

CHAMPION PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS
Free after $2.00 mail in rebate
limit 16

Peak 50/50 ANTIFREEZE & COOLANT
Free after $5 mail in rebate


--------------------------------------------------


5:20pm

Got the apple & pear pie made.
I made the no roll pie crust and
pressed it into the pie pan.
I then dumped a can of apple pie filling,
a large can of pear halves (cut each one into thirds),
a teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 cup brown sugar
& 2 teaspoons of apple pie spice
in a saucepan and mixed altogether til warmed
and sugar dissolved.

I also used a crumb topping with
flour, oatmeal, cinnamon & melted butter.

I was thinking about drizzling some melted
cream cheese frosting over top the pie
once it cools.


-------------------------------------------------


Last night I had Tony remove some metal bars
that were on the foot board of our bed.
The welds came off them and they were just
hanging outwards. I was afraid someone was
going to get hurt by them so he took
them all off. Instead of throwing them
away I made wind chimes out of the metal
tubing.






----------------------------------------------------------


7:40pm

The apple-pear pie cooled and I put frosting on top.
I spooned some cream cheese frosting into a
zip bag and piped lattice lines across the top of the pie.
I thought it needed a little something something
to make it look fancier :o)



-----------------------------------------------------------


8:15pm

I'm now working on coloring my hair.
Figured why not while I have the energy.
One less thing to worry about tomorrow.


-----------------------------------------------------------


9:50pm

Hair's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment