Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6-13-12

7:30am


I turned the air conditioner off last night
just before bed to save some on the electric bill.
It's a little chilly this morning in here
with all the windows open but the fresh air is nice.
Will turn the ac back on either tomorrow
or Friday.  Will keep it on while gone
on vacation at about 76-77 degrees or it
will be a struggle getting our home to
cool off with upper 80's to 90 degree temps
once we return home. 


8:20am


This morning for breakfast I'm making
corned beef and gravy over biscuits.
I opted for the corned beef slices because
it was only .50 cents a pack
compared to $2.00 to $4.00+ for ground sausage.
I made enough for two day's worth of breakfast.
-2 cans biscuits- $1.00
-2 pkgs sliced chipped meat- $1.00
-2 pkgs country gravy mix- $2.58
-2 cups milk- .24 cents
-2 cups water 
-hot sauce optional

TOTAL COST $4.82
serves 6 @ .80 cents a serving


------------------------------------------------------------------



9:00 - 10:00pm




I just mapped out our whole trip.
I have written directions including
a drawn map on 7 pages in a notebook
of how to get to Maumee Bay Oregon, Ohio
to the hotel in Swanton, Ohio to
Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, MI. 
I also have a paperback map book and a Tom Tom.
Always have to have backup of some kind
just in case that GPS gets a mind of it's own
and decides not to work!


And Tony wonders why this is stressing me out.
I booked the hotel, mapped out the whole trip,
planned the grocery trip, made a checklist of
what to take, will round up 95% of things to take
and pack them up to go,
got the free fuel card from Speedway,
and will make all the food for the trip.


He has called and got the nascar tickets,
helped clean out the truck,
helped with replacing the fuel pump,
gave the truck an oil change,
refilled the ac with freon,
added engine restore and seafoam in the truck, 
replaced the front brakes last month,
cleaned out the coolers
and helped do grocery and supply shopping.

Well I need to go pop a few ibuprofen for the
pain in my left hip and shoulder then
go downstairs and do some more laundry
so I can start packing the clothes we need.

I got kids with some runny noses I think due
to allergies or sinus infections or maybe even a cold.
I told them to go outdoors and soak up some sun.
Vitamin D helps to ward off colds and flu
and you can get it free by going outside.
 10 minutes in the midday sun—in shorts and a tank top with no sunscreen—will give you enough radiation to produce about 10,000 international units of the vitamin.
 The sunshine vitamin may protect against a host of diseases, including osteoporosis, heart disease, and cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon. What's more, sunlight has other hidden benefits—like protecting against depression, insomnia, and an overactive immune system.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


How I feel today!






In the basement doing laundry and trying to find the
second rolling suitcase that has mysteriously
disappeared so I can start packing.  
I come up stairs to see that I have 
gained a third child in my living room playing Playstation.  
Got lunch for all three kids going of just hot dogs.  


-------------------------------------------------------


3:30pm


Just got done coloring my hair for vacation.
Needed to do a lil something for myself.
Cost less than $3.00 a box from Walmart.
Ultra Light Sun Blonde.

I have always been a blonde but as I have gotten
older my hair has darkened and now I color
it to keep it the blonde color I used to have.

 Before & after photos.









I have concocted a natural fertilizer to put 
around all my roses and pepper plants.
Looks yummy doesn't it, lol.
Did I have a recipe for it?  Nope!
Just sounded good for the plants 
and started mixing it all together. 




1.5 large coffee cans of used coffee grounds (free),
about 2 dozen egg shells chopped up (free),
1/2 box of cold Lipton brewed tea bags
cut open and just the tea leaves used (.12 cents from yard sale),
a couple tablespoons of cinnamon ,
1/2 box of epsom salt (.50 cents) &
4 finely cut up banana peels (free).




Time to get the laundry and put another load in.
This is like the 3rd, 4th, 5th...
hell I don't know as I've lost count and
swear it is multiplying each time I do a load.




-------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment