Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10-29-12

7:20am


It wasn't snowing when at the bus stop this morning
around 7:05am.  Wind was blowing and there was a little
slush mix on the windshield.  By the time I got back
home I could feel freezing rain 7:05 to 7:10am.
The rain turned to snow around 7:20am.
The truck now has a small layer of snow on it
since returning home 20 minutes ago.


I figured I'd show you by way of our security
cameras since it's still dark outside.
By 7:30am it appears there is a small layer
of snow on the streets, YUCK!
Who'd of thought that we'd have snow for
Halloween?  I already told the kids they weren't
trick or treating tomorrow in snow, winds or very cold weather! 
It's not worth our health just to get some candy.


9:05am


It has stopped snowing and has melted off the streets.
Hardly an accumulation.

Working on supper for tonight.
The best meals to make cheaply when you don't
have much money is soups and casseroles.
You can pretty much throw whatever you have
on hand into soups.  And that's just what I am doing today.
 I thawed out a package of 5 brats.
I'm gonna try to stretch those 5 brats into two meals
since meat is so expensive to serve as
the main course.

I cut up two brats and put them in the crock pot.
I also added in a can of flat beer,
a can of Progresso roasted garlic soup starters,
about 4 small potatoes cut into small cubes,
and a small jar of frozen turkey broth.
To thicken the soup later on I can add in some
instant mashed potato flakes.
Serve with 1/2 of a large loaf of garlic bread. 

Make up your own meals as you go along.
You don't need a recipe to follow!


8:35pm


Well I think I'll have enough money rounded
up to be able to renew two car tags which are $110. 
Haven't quite figured out the driver's license renewal cost yet
which is $25.75. 
 
Anyways,
$50 from scrap metal
$40 from mom for my birthday
$20 from neighbor lady for taking grandchild to bus stop
(she just called to say she was giving me $20 gas money tomorrow)
What's that all add up to $110!!
God works in mysterious ways let me tell ya.
I mean really, to have come up with the
exact amount I needed just seems a little odd
don't ya think. 
Two car tag renewals at $54.87 each 
is a total of $109.74.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment