Monday, October 8, 2012

10-8-12

7:10am


Oh yeah I woke up hurting pretty good this morning
from my right shoulder to both my ribs.
I told Tony I have a traveling disease.
Each day pain visits a different location on my body it seems.
I can't figure it out but that's what happens.
I can go a day or two with left hip pains,
the next day my right hip, then the day
after it will travel to my right shoulder and ribs.
Some days it will go to my other shoulder then neck.
I don't understand this disease and the reason
for all the pain and why it wanders all over my body like that.  
I'm sure these cooler temps
play a role in it.  This morning it was 35-36 degrees
outside.  Had to go out and warm the truck up
before leaving, brrr!  I can actually say that
the furnace ran over night and I upped it a degree
this morning to 71 degrees.  Supposed to be 
a high of about 56 degrees today.
They say we are supposed to have lower than
average temps this Fall/Winter.
Tony had to scrape his car windows this morning.
Here are a few hints and tips for your
vehicle this Winter.
I myself are going to try the vinegar and water mix
on the windows to prevent ice and see if it works.

Helpful Hints For Winter


*Ice-proof your windows...with vinegar! Frost on it's way? Just fill a spray bottle with two to three parts vinegar to one part water & spritz it on all your windows at night. In the morning, they'll be clear of icy mess. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water---preventing water from freezing! *
Or do like my husband does...He places a sun visor screen over the
outside of his windshield.  Ours has elastic loops on each side
that we put around each mirror to hold in place.
Oh and we put the windshield wipers in
an upright position overnight so they're
don't stick to the windshield.

*Squeak-proof your wipers...with rubbing alcohol! Wipe the
wipers with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol, ammonia or mineral spirits. This one trick can make badly streaking & squeaking wipers change to near perfect silence & clarity. *

*Prevent car doors from freezing shut...with cooking spray! Spritz cooking oil on the rubber seals around car doors & rub it in with a paper towel. The cooking spray prevents water from melting into the rubber!*

*De-ice your lock in seconds...with hand sanitizer! Just put some hand sanitizer gel on the key & the lock & the problems solved! *

*Fog-proof your windshield...with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of your windshield & wipe if off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial defoggers! *
You can do this on your bathroom mirrors also!

*Keep your headlights clear...with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on your headlights. It contains special water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on your lights - lasts 6 weeks.*
You can also use regular white toothpaste to clean
hazy lenses with!
Also I keep an extra set of clothes from undies,
socks, pants, shirts, gloves, hats and shoes/boots in hubby's car
during the Winter time.  You never know when you
will get stranded.  Hubby sometimes has to work
outside at times during any kind of weather and will get wet.
It wouldn't be good if he had to continuously wear
wet clothes all day so that's the reason
for an extra outfit stored in his trunk.
I keep extra blankets in my truck.
The kids love snuggling up under it
during these cold mornings waiting on the bus. 
This is also great to have should you get stranded
and needed some extra warmth.
Oh, also some kind of food kept in your vehicle
is good for if you get stranded.  I give my hubby
anything from crackers, cookies to granola bars and hard candy,
mostly if he gets the shakes from diabetes but it
comes in handy for Winter weather as well. 


10:30am


Stomach is feeling raw with throbbing and pain
I've been potty three+ times already today.
Going to go lay back down for a bit to rest.


2:15pm


Got up from my nap at 1:00pm.
Feeling better.  I've been going to sleep
with the heating pad which seems to
help the aches lots.

Got a couple pounds of deer in the crock pot
with a packet of onion soup mix.
I think instead of a sloppy joe stromboli
I'm going to make a bacon cheeseburger stromboli.
 Gotta pick up the kids in a few then will
come home and fry up a half pound of bacon
and throw the ingredients for the stromboli
bread into the bread maker. 

The grandmother of the child I pick up every 
morning and afternoon
called to tell me that someone stole her
grandsons jacket at school today and said
they threw it away.  She called principals 
and had gotten nowhere with them about this
incident.  What the heck is wrong with kids
now a days to do something like this???
Jackets can be expensive to have to
keep buying new or used ones.
Kids on the bus last year stole
his cell phone.  I don't think
anything was done about that after they
called the school and bus garage because
the bus had a camera in it.
I swear some of the kids are idiots at
our school.  They steal, fight, you name it
and it doesn't bother them.
So much for the bullying act huh.
I don't think it applies to any schools my 
kids or neighbors attend.
You start to wonder what kind of parents
they have at home.
Grandma just wanted to make sure
that I picked him up from the bus stop
and drove him home.
On some nice days the kids like to walk home
so she wanted to make sure I would
bring him home in a warm vehicle without a jacket. 


3:15pm


Something must of got worked out at school
because the one child got his jacket back
and was wearing it when he got off the bus,
thank goodness.


Working on supper.

Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli

FILLING
-2 pounds deer burger (free)
-1 packet onion soup mix (.40 cents)
-dash of worchestershire sauce (free)
-1/2 pound bacon fried and crumbled (.75 cents)
-1 can diced tomatoes (.39 cents)
(I drained it the best I could and added
the juices to the 3/4 can of spaghetti
sauce I had leftover from yesterday)
-1 can tomato soup (.39 cents)

PIZZA DOUGH

1 1/4 cups warm water (free)
3 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil (.05 cents)
1 teaspoon salt (free)
4 cups flour (free)
2 teaspoons active dry yeast (.10 cents)
(I use the Kroger brand in a jar) 
seasonings (.10 cents)
-onion powder
-garlic powder
-Italian or Oregano seasoning

Put everything in order above into
bread machine and put it on pizza dough cycle.

Once done punch down while in machine.
Remove from machine and knead it a few times to deflate it.
This is where you would need to decide
if you are making a large stromboli
or individual ones as to how to divide the dough up.
I think I will divide mine up into 6 pieces of dough
so everyone has their own and I have one leftover
for Tony's lunch tomorrow and one for the freezer.
Let dough rest 10 minutes.
 Roll dough out into circles and put
meat filling on one half of the circle
along with some shredded cheese ($2.29 for 2 cups).
I'm using taco flavored shredded cheese.
Fold dough over and pinch or crimp edges.
Brush tops with some melted butter
and sprinkle with parmesan cheese (.10 cents)

 TOTAL COST TO MAKE 6 STROMBOLIS
$4.57 or .76 cents each.

Your price may be much different than mine
as I buy mark downs and get some things free.


-------------------------------------------------------- 


5:00pm


Got the strombolis or calzones, whatever you want
to call them, made and in the oven.


I brushed melted butter mixed with
parmesan and a little garlic powder on top
then crushed up some french fried on onion
and sprinkled on the butter.
Not shown, but I also sprinkled
a little extra shredded taco cheese on top as well.




Tony's on his way home from work.
He said he found some goodies today.
Can't wait to see what it is!



5:20pm

The goodies my honey found in 
empty apartments today.
Not shown are a set of ear buds,
a bolt of silky white fabric and
an XBox 360 controller.
I was giddy to see a new bag of flour
after making so much bread lately, lol.
Everything is brand new and is still full! 
Even got me another trash can, lol.



Oh goody hubby just informed me that he
has another empty apartment that he has
to trash out tomorrow with a bunch of stuff in it.
I may be hurting and aching but I'm ready
to go tonight to check it out!!!!!
Gotta get gas and pop tonight anyway.
The 12 pack of pop I got the other day
didn't taste right and after looking
I saw it had expired in July.
I'm a firm believer that if pop is past it's
due date it won't taste good.
I didn't look at the date on the box
because I didn't think Kroger would
put something marked down like
that long after it's due date.
Now if I'm buying two liter bottles
from a convenience store I do check the dates.


8:40pm


Just got home.  Tony got paged out right before
we left.  We were going to his work anyway
but with the page you get paid for at least
an hour's drive time.  Went through the vacated apartment
and felt like a kid in a candy store pulling everything
from cupboards, lol.  I love finding food items
and cleaning supplies.  Not so much regular food
this time around,
but more like seasonings, drink mixes, water, etc.
I don't remember everything as it took about
4-5 trips from an upstairs apartment.
I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about our
freebies we got tonight.  I'm too achy and tired
to even bring the things in from the truck tonight.
I do feel some relief from getting all this and thank God
for being able to get it.  When times are tough
you appreciate anything and everything just a little bit more.
I know I got a couple hundred dollars worth of
stuff tonight that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.


10:00pm


Time for bed.  I see one of my children
climbed into my bed and found my heating
pad.  He was fast asleep.
I dug out another heating pad for him
to use in his own bed. 
If you cannot afford an electric blanket,
a cheap heating pad from the thrift store
is the second best thing!
I have paid anywhere from .90 cents to $3.00 
for each one I have.   
You can drop your thermostat at night
some and cuddle with a heating
pad or electric blanket to cut some of your heating costs.














No comments:

Post a Comment