Friday, October 5, 2012

10-5-12

7:40am


Well I hadn't planned on going anywhere today
but mom wants me to take her to a few yard sales.
I didn't find many on Craigslist so are hoping
to find a few more along our way.
Hoping that the Tylenol kicks in soon.
My body's been feeling achy the last couple of days. 
Last night my joints such as my hips were hurting.
Just trying to deal with it the best I can
and not let it get to me but some days are harder than others.


12:55pm


Found about 3 yard sales.  I didn't buy anything.
I did find a toy remote controlled Wall-E for $1.00.
I had mom get it for one of the boys for Christmas.
I looked that bugger up online just to see what in
the world it was and about fell outta my chair
I had no clue.






Stopped in the thrift store since yard sales
wasn't all that.
All I got there was 4 long sleeve shirts for Christopher.
I'm finding that a bunch of his Winter shirts from
last year don't fit.
I also found 2 lb package spaghetti .90 cents
box of pancake mix .90 cents
and a 75 foot roll of Reynolds freezer wrap .90 cents.
Spent $10.  I'll take that out of my savings
and put back into my checking since I really
don't have any spending money at the moment.
These are considered needed items.



Tonight for supper I plan to make
Alfredo Spaghetti with Italian sausage.

1 pound spaghetti (.45 cents)
1 jar alfredo sauce ($1.00)
1 rope Italian sausage ($1.79)
Broccoli  (free)
Bread & butter (.50 cents)

Boil spaghetti & drain.  Add butter to keep it from sticking together.
Add jar of aflredo sauce.
In a skillet cut up Italian sausage and fry til done.
Add to spaghetti & sauce.

 Boil broccoli in water.  Drain and serve
with butter and salt.

Bread & butter.

 -------------------------------


With the pancake mix I got today I
plan to make and freeze some
Chocolate Chip Mini Pancake Muffins.
All I would have to do is remove from freezer,
warm in microwave and serve with a tiny
bowl of syrup to dip them in.
  This will be much easier and faster to make
a couple dozen muffins at once rather than
to cook up each pancake one at a time.
-------------------------------------------------------


2013 Winter Farmer's Almanac for Ohio
It sounds to me like a typical Ohio Winter. 
I just don't understand the part that
says it will be drier than normal but
will have above average snowfall.
If you figure that one out please let me know.
"Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with above-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be from late December through early January and in early and mid-February. The snowiest periods will occur in mid- to late November, mid- to late December, and early to mid-January.

April and May will be warmer and rainier than normal.
...

Summer will be slightly warmer and rainier than normal, with the hottest periods in late July and mid-August.

September and October will be warmer and drier than normal."

------------------------------------------------------


9:30pm


I usually have a package
of cookies in the house to munch on but not
when times are tough, they are considered a want.
I'm weird.  I usually get up in the middle of 
the night to get a glass of milk and cookies.
I'll do the same thing in the morning
right after waking up.  I need my sugar fix!
Found a package of Betty Crocker cookie
mix and spent the last half hour making 
a couple dozen cookies.  Oh yeah that hit the spot.
Thought I was gonna start shaking if
I didn't get my sugar fix, lol.




Temperature outside is 53 degrees
dropping down to 47 overnight.
I had some windows and doors open earlier
but made sure to close them right before sunset
to "lock" any heat in.  Also after making
cookies I left the oven door open to let
the heat escape into the house.
Temperature in our home is 76 degrees currently.
I still have yet to turn the furnace on to heat the house.







No comments:

Post a Comment