Friday, December 2, 2011

12-2-11

8:00am


Oh gosh, it'll be baking time
before you know it. But if you really want to
get a head start you can make cookies now
and freeze them. Here's one cookie I'd like
to make this weekend and I've read it freezes well.
It's simple and fairly cheap to make
with ingredients probably already found in your pantry.
I have read you could try this with something
other than crackers like pretzels or cereal.
I don't have any nuts to sprinkle on top so will
make them without. You could sprinkle with
colored sugar, candy sprinkles, toasted coconut or drizzle a contrasting
white chocolate on the tops instead.

Saltine Cracker Toffee Cookies


Ingredients

* 4 ounces saltine crackers (1 sleeve of crackers)
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup dark brown sugar
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup chopped pecans


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).

2. Line greased cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.

3. In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.

4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.




----------------------------------------------------------


5:15pm

Tonight I rolled the last of my cigarettes
from the bag of tobacco bought two weeks ago.
I kept a very accurate count this time around
as to how many cigarettes I got from the
pound bag. I ended up making 473 cigarettes,
which is 2 cartons and a little over 7 packs.
So a total of 27 packs for $23.00.
Which come out to .85 cents a pack!!!


Going to try and get my dryer fixed this weekend.
It's been 3 weeks now I've been without it.
Parts cost $17 for a thermal fuse and
hi-temp thermostat and that included getting a
20% discount through Tony's work.
I pray that it fixes the problem.
If not it seems that the Lord has provided
us with a backup plan of getting a free dryer
from my aunt :0) Her washer went out
and they are buying a new set and she said
we could have her dryer.
All I know is that it will be nice to get
back on track with the laundry. You don't realize
how much you depend upon something until
it breaks.


-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment