Thursday, December 8, 2011

12-8-11

11:45pm

Very rarely do I go to the store with a list in hand
to buy things for a specific recipe to make.
Around here you open up the pantry cupboard,
the freezer and fridge door and look to see
what could go together for a meal. You create
your own recipes with items you have at hand.

I just got done throwing today's supper in the
crock. I love my crock because I can just
throw stuff in it and set it and forget it.
No hassle of being in the kitchen standing
too long when your body hurts.

-4 pork chops
-1 can apple pie filling
-1/4 to 1/2 cup diced onion & celery
-teaspoon of cinnamon
-salt, pepper and/or seasoning salt
-little water to cover crock bottom

I'll cook this on low most of the day.
Once done, I'll remove the chops,
chop up the apples in the crock with a spoon, then
add in a box of stuffing and mix it altogether.
Serve with another side dish of buttered corn.



-----------------------------------------------------


12:25pm

Just got done dividing up a 10 pound bag of
hamburger into freezer bags.

The last two nights I've made a total of
9 hamburgers for suppers. This is what was
remaining. In each freezer bag I put
1 1/2 cups. 2 cups of hamburger equals about a pound.
I always put less in each bag to stretch it out
even further for meals. I ended up with 11 bags
of hamburger for the freezer. Unless you are making
meatloaf or something of the sort, I don't
feel you need to use 1 pound of hamburger for
meals. I'll use this in soups, casseroles, chili
hamburger helper, spaghetti sauce, taco meat, etc.
Stretch it even further by adding rice or beans
to the hamburger.
I have now turned 10 pounds of hamburger into
13 meals. So I got another 3 meals out of it.



------------------------------------------------------


1:00pm

I decided today would be fridge clean out day, oh yeah!
Got all the meat my friend brought over Tuesday
taken down stairs and put in the freezer.
Hmmm, if I've got 100 pounds of deer meat coming
in the near future, then I've got to clean that
out really soon so it'll all fit.
It's a medium sized freezer that I got free
when we purchased some furniture
off of Ebay when we bought our house.
These people lived in Powell (cha ching)
in a really huge and nice house that was being
foreclosed upon. They were moving to Florida
and didn't want to take everything with them.
So while we bought some furniture, they also
kept asking us if we wanted a bunch of
other stuff for free. I think that day we
made about 3 trips to Powell with a pickup
truck! One of those trips included a 2 year
old energy star freezer.

Wow, now I know why people don't clean out their
fridges very often. Because you end up with
a fridge that looks bare. It still needs a
major wipe down but I'm just not ready
to tackle that part at the moment.


I got a bag of chicken breasts out of the freezer
and have them thawing in the fridge for Saturday.
So much to do and not enough time to do it all.
All I can say is thank God for crock pots
that allows you to get other stuff done
while it's doing the cooking for you.

I still have a partial turkey in my fridge
that I will need to boil up in the next few days.
I'll boil the carcass and remove any extra meat
then put that and any broth into the freezer.
I priced a simple, large can of chicken broth
at Kroger the other day and it was almost $4.00.
So it really pays off to make your own when possible.
I'll probably end up making some homemade
turkey noodle soup with some of the leftover
turkey and broth.


---------------------------------------------------


Free Peter Thomas Roth's skin surface resurfacer on Facebook.
Limited to the first 20,000.
I just won one :0)
Retail value of $22.00!!


---------------------------------------------------


2:05pm

I got one apron pattern traced and cut out.
Not sure when I'll get it sewn together,
hopefully tomorrow so I can start on the
matching fabric grocery bag.
I really need an iron. Hopefully mom has
one or I have a spare I've forgotten about
in the basement.

This evening the boys have a birthday party to
go to. They were invited yesterday.
They are going to have to go empty handed, with
no gift, because I can't afford one at the moment.
The last couple of years when they've gone
to this birthday party they've always take a gift.

While the boys are at the party me and Tony will
be going to his work to pick up a Christmas present
for someone. It's something he found.
I can't say on here or I'll ruin it for people.


------------------------------------------------------


Free full sized Tresseme Split Remedy product.
You will receive this in the mail.


-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment