Monday, December 5, 2011

12-5-11

I've still been working on some 80's song playlists.
Here is one for 1984 - 1985.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




---------------------------------------------------


9:35am

Working on a recipe for the Nestle Tollhouse contest.
I didn't go with my banana bread or cookie recipe
and decided to create something else.
I can't say what I'm making at the moment
until I have entered the recipe but I will
give you a sneak peek to the first step.
There's still two more steps that I'll work
on this evening.

All I know is I really could use the money
at the moment. So working really hard on
this recipe contest.

1st place $5,000
2nd place $2,500
3rd place $1,000

I've done it before and I've got to believe
I can do it again if I really put my mind to it.
These below are what I've won already in the past
with things I've created.
-$500 Betty Crocker
(Boston Cream Dessert Cups)
-$150 Taste of Home
(Peanut Butter Banana Bread)
-$2,000 Downy with my scent Citrus Glow
(still can't afford a bottle to put back
just to have one for a memento)
-placed in the top 10 for Nestle Tollhouse
Halloween cookie contest.




-----------------------------------------------------


It sucks to be broke.
Here's a great deal on a sewing machine.



Was $329
sale $139 with free shipping

Brother CP-6500 Computerized Sewing Machine


60 built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches, each with multiple stitch functions (100 total).

LCD screen with computerized stitch selection. 7 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes. Super-wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches.

Automatic needle threading.

Fast, automatic bobbin winding. One-step bobbin replacement with quick set drop-in bobbin.

One-touch start/stop/reverse operations. Operates with or without foot control.

Full Assortment of Accessories Including Sewing Feet.

Drop feed for free motion quilting. Create free-form or traditional quilt patterns.

Multiple needle position. Sew fleece, elastic and other stretchy fabrics with the built-in stretch stitches. Embellish or join quilt blocks with the built-in quilting stitches. Use the built-in decorative stitches to embellish clothing, pillows, towels and more. Perfect for creating crazy quilt designs. Create delicate family treasures using the built-in heirloom stitches.

Electronic Variable Sewing Speed Control allows you to choose the most comfortable sewing speed for your project.

Built-in accessory storage.

Free arm/flatbed convertible sewing surface. Brightly lit LED Sewing Area.

Included Soft Cover.

Quick change presser feet.

Stitch width and length control.

Adjustable thread tension control.

Safety power and light switch.

Lightweight with built-in handle for portability.

Instruction booklet in English and Spanish.

25-year limited warranty.

Includes: buttonhole foot;
zipper foot;
button sewing foot;
overcasting foot;
blind stitch foot;
monogramming foot;
ball point needle;
3 bobbins;
3 needles;
twin needle;
screwdriver;
seam ripper;
cleaning brush


---------------------------------------------------------


MAIL CALL

These are freebies I got today in the mail-

magazines
-ESPN
-Road & Track
-Cosmopolotin

Booklet of Kroger coupons

Free coupon for Axe Shower Gel

I post my mail box freebies to show
everyone that the deals I post
are legit and do come for free.


----------------------------------------------------


4:00pm


I know what is partially wrong with the US
now a days. Parents defend the wrong actions
of their children instead of letting
them take the full punishment for their wrong
doings. And the kids watch them do it
and think it is ok to keep on doing wrong
without any consequences.

I had to attend a meeting at one of the kids
schools along with 3 other parents and children
for something they did wrong. And do you know
I was the only one that did NOT defend my
child and his actions. The other three parent stuck up
for their kids and tried to get them out of
trouble or lessen their punishment. One parent
even was rude towards the principal voicing his opinion.
Even with the parents showing their not too intelligent
levels, the principal still stuck to her grounds
of punishment for all of them no matter what
the parents said.

In our time of going to school, if you were
caught doing something very wrong your ass
went to the principal and got the paddle!
This is what they need. I bet they would
think twice before doing something bad.
In school if you knew of someone going to
the principal's office you just cringed in
your seat thinking about what was going
to happen to that person. I think kids
now think it's a game. You knew to straighten
up and act right or else! You had respect
for your elders!


This Christmas holiday season just keeps better
and better and that light at the end of the
tunnel I think is a train coming at me head on
with no escape from it!!!

So now I have a child that doesn't go back to school
til the last day before Christmas break.
So it with Christmas break it will be like
he's been out of school for a month.


-----------------------------------------------------


5:30pm

Not that I even feel like cooking or baking tonight
I am currently working on supper.
I am making potato, ham & carrots with
sausage gravy pot pies. Kids don't understand
it takes some time to make homemade meals.
Homemade meals = saving money.
They think food should be prepared in the amount
of time it takes McDonalds to slap a hamburger
on a bun and serve it to you.


6:05pm

Two things you should not let your husband do-

1. Don't let them put the dishes away if
you are the one that does the cooking & baking in the house.
I'll be damned if I can find my mini pie
pans for the pot pies. I had to use a jumbo
cupcake pan instead.

2. Don't let hubby hold the grocery list
in the store. Even though he tells
you that everything was gotten on the list,
later on you'll discover when baking cookies,
that butter, the number ONE thing on the grocery list,
was not gotten at the store. He swears it wasn't
on the list but I have found the list from
yesterday and have it posted where he can
see it clear as day to check it over again, lol.


I'm having a hard day as it is. Got supper done and
fed it to the kids. Waiting for hubby to get home.
Need to get my recipe done for the contest,
(even though I am scraping any remaining butter
out of butter bowls to make it work since I don't
have any more, grrr), then I think I'm going to
go into the bathroom, lock the door, and take
me a long, hot bubble bath with
the lights out and some scented candles lit
to relax before bed. Mom's need a vacation too
even if it means going as far as a few steps
away to the bathroom to pretend you are on
a tropical beach somewhere.


-----------------------------------------------------------


Lizard Lick is on tonight. The show kind of came
to a stand still when Bobby got stabbed by a bunch
of bikers. But a new show is back on tonight at 10pm.

"You're nuttier than a squirrel turd."


--------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment