Sunday, September 2, 2012

8-30-12

7:15am


SSDD.
Tony picked me up a couple 100 count bottles
of Walgreens brand Tylenol last night
(double pack)
so I should be stocked up for awhile.
My body is throbbing this morning.
I try to get comfortable adjusting
this way and that with no relief.
Constant pain no matter what I do
making me very irritable!
I don't know hope people cope with
pain like this on a day to day basis. 


3:25pm


The store brand Tylenol did absolutely nothing
for me today.   I did find some extra strength
Tylenol in my purse and are gonna give that a try.
This is one of those nights I'm pulling one of
those premade meals from the freezer to make.
There's no way I feel like standing in the
kitchen cooking! 
Goulash with grilled cheese sandwiches
sounds simple enough.


-----------------------------------------------------


I was doing some research because I remember
at one time paying almost $4.00 for a gallon milk.
The year was 2007.
I worry that the cost of dairy and anything related
to corn (cows eat corn) will sky rocket in the
near future.  This is due to the droughts this year and will
also cause gas prices to increase causing food prices to increase.
We have decided that the next time
we see milk marked down at Kroger
we're going to stock up with it.
This isn't an all the time thing with the mark downs
and sometimes we get lucky finding it so grab while
you see the opportunity.  I plan to fill
about half my freezer with milk.
Right now I half a bunch of half gallons of 
chocolate milk in the freezer I got for .49 cents each.
I've never had a problem with freezing milk
but some say to remove about a cup of it
before putting in the freezer because
it will expand the container.
When thawing, the fat in the milk will separate
and you will more than likely have to
shake it up before drinking. 
I have been reading that milk can be frozen
up to three months.
Winter will be here before you know it.
If you don't have room in your freezer to store things
then take advantage of the freezing temperatures
outside to put things in a shed or covered tote.


------------------------------------------------


Family Dollar is having a $2.00 Spring/Summer
clothing clearance sale 8/31 to 9/3 only.
Might have to check this out tomorrow
while on the South end at the junk yard as I also wanted
to stop in the Great Southern thrift store as well.
Their prices have gone stupid at that thrift store
just like the one at Columbus Square
and the Henderson Rd.
I don't know how they expect to stay in business
when they sell some used items at prices
that you could buy new. 
Getting greedy if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment