Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9-26-12

7:20am


I was awakened around 1-2:00am this morning
with thunder and lightning.  I jumped out of bed
and ran outside to grab a comforter off the clothesline
before it got soaking wet.
Been trying to slowly get some blankets
washed up and dried outside before colder weather and Winter.



Was checking out Weather.com this morning
and saw that they are predicting a mild
October, November & December for Ohians due to
a weak El Nino and the North Atlantic Oscillation.
Wonder what January through March has in store
for us since those are the harshest Winter months for us.
Last year I don't think we shoveled snow once
at our home.  The only time we got out the shovel
was to remove ice from the driveway. 
My neighbor keeps saying we're in for a rough
Winter.  Me, I think (hoping) we're due for a milder one.

-------------------------------------------------


Why does it feel like everyone calls
me when I want to lay down and take a nap???
Mom called twice, Tony once,
a wrong number and the neighbor called once
all in about an hour to an hour and a half's time
after laying down today.
Ughhhhh!


 --------------------------------------


3:30 to 4:30pm

Supper tonight- Lasagna Roll Ups.

 This is a recipe I used by combining a couple
of recipes together.

Boil lasagna noodles ($2.00) until they are about half done.
Spread noodles on a cookie sheet to dry off some. 

In a skillet fry up and drain a pound of 
either pork, hamburger, deer burger or turkey.
I'm using a Bob Evans maple sausage (free).
Mix in a large can or jar of spaghetti sauce (.89 cents).
I like to add a little splenda (.05 cents) and other seasonings
like Italian, garlic, onion (.05 cents) and so on to the sauce as well.
You could also stir in some parmesan cheese (.25 cents).
I'm using 1.5 cans because I have one leftover
from another meal.
Spoon some of this sauce into the bottom
of a casserole dish.

Combine together-
You could also do this in a food processor instead
of by hand.
1 pkg cream cheese, softened ($1.50)
 1 container cottage cheese ($2.00)
1 cup mozarella cheese (.99 cents)
1 egg (.15 cents)

Spread a thin, but generous layer of
cheese over each lasagna noodle.
Carefully roll up and place seam side 
down in the casserole dish.
Spoon remaining sauce over rolls and
top with 1 cup mozarella cheese (.99 cents).

I had extra cheese filling so spooned it over
top the lasagna rolls before spooning
the sauce over top.
Before and after sauce.

Got one in the oven and one wrapped up
in foil for the freezer.

Will serve with a regular salad.
(none for me though)
and bread and butter.

This will make 16 lasagna roll ups.
That's enough for us to have two meals
with some leftover for a couple lunches for Tony.



-------------------------------------------


4:45pm


Well I think I have figured out how to make it rain.
All you have to do is hang some comforters
on the clothesline to dry!
I hung two of them up about an hour
ago and are now noticing it getting dark outside.
Ughhhh!












No comments:

Post a Comment