Saturday, September 29, 2012

9-29-12

11:15am


Yesterday I was able to find a marked down
bag of charcoal at Kroger.
I've been seeing charcoal marked down but
it was for the ones that had lighter fluid on them
which I did not need.

I rounded up 5 old, plastic,
ice cream buckets and filled them with
the charcoal and placed them around the house.
I put two buckets in the room with the
litter boxes.  I'm hoping that the charcoal
will absorb any odors in the house
especially from the cat boxes.
Time will tell and I'll let you know if it works.



4:45pm


Took Tony to K-Mart to get a new pair of shoes.
He has been needing new shoes for a long long time!!
He's been putting it off every time I ask him to get some
so when he asked today for some new shoes, I was ready,
willing and able to take him to get some right now
before he changed his mind.
He has diabetic, nerve damaged, flat feet with heel spurs
so it was of high importance to me that he has a good
pair of shoes.
I really had to splurge on them because of
our money being REALLY tight at the moment.
There's a difference between the
"I wants" and the "I need"
and this fell into the "I need" category.
I still managed to get money off those shoes though.
I had accumulated $6.30 in rewards on 
my Sears and K-Mart cards.  So that was a plus
to get any money off his $30 shoes.
In know I could gets shoes for about $10 to $15
at Walmart for him but they would only
last about a month literally.  We've gone that route before
and I've learned my lesson the hard way.
Don't buy the cheap "made in China" shoes
where the glue and threads come apart
the first time they get wet walking in the rain
or the seams and bottoms come apart just by walking in them.
Spend $10 a month at a rate of $120 each year
per person or spend a little bit more
for better shoes that will last about 6 months or more
and pay half that amount.

It sucks being broke.
I had to put my blinders on in K-Mart
because they had so much stuff marked
down like clothes for $2.99.  Sigh.

We had to drive to the other side of
town to the only K-Mart open that I know of in Reynoldsburg.
They closed down the Bethel and Hamilton Rds
K-Marts.  Not sure if there is still one in Grove City. 

------------------------------------

My son has been back on a kick of building
bicycles again.  This time around he's been
wanting a drift trike.  Well the adult size drift
bikes can run about $250!
My son is just like me, if you can't afford to buy
one figure out how to make your own for free
with the parts you do have.
So far he's used a Mongoose bike for the frame
and with help from dad has cut pieces and parts off it.
And he is also using two other trikes
(looks like Big Wheels to me, LOL)
that was donated to him.
Him and dad has been working on this
project for the past week.

Dad helping to cut the fork off the Mongoose bike
using a Dremel.

Pieces and parts of assorted bikes
sitting under the carport for me
to fall and break my neck on!
This shows where he bolted a seat to
the old Mongoose frame.

 Jonathan giving me an idea of how
he's putting it all together.
Good luck with that because I have no clue, lol.

And y'all was probably wondering why
I bought him the $10 Craftsman tool set
from a yard sale for Christmas.
These pictures should speak for themselves. 

While these drift trikes look like an adult version
of a Big Wheel I think I should have 911 on
speed dial after watching a few You Tube videos
of what these things can do, AHHHH!
What's wrong with wanting to just
ride a regular two wheeled bicycle anymore.
Now you've got trick bikes, trikes,
2 wheeled skateboards, scooters, pooters, and who knows what else
for kids to injure themselves on.

Do I blame myself for sharing the creativity gene
or blame dad who loves racing things with wheels?
 I think it's way past my nap time!
So gonna sleep on that note.


----------------------------------


DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO SCAMS LIKE THESE!!!!!


This one was sent to my mom via snail mail.
Included with this letter was a check for
over $4,000.  The check looked legit but
the red warning flags start going up.
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!!
 
When the letter states to send money for
processing fees this should be a red alert.
If you won any actual prize you should NOT
be required to pay any such fees.
Do NOT send any money via Western Union
MoneyGrams to people you do NOT know!!!
You would remember what contests you've entered.
If it doesn't look or sound familiar to you
then toss it, it's a SCAM!!
I researched the phone number and it's
not even in the US.  It's in Westminister British Columbia.
Do you really think that if someone won
$150,000 that they would just send one simple
paper for you to fill out with your name and address.
It does NOT work that way!!!

I have won a few contests and know the proceedures
you need to go through.  Legit ones usually send you
official paperwork overnight by way of FedEx or
such companies and you know to look for them to arrive ahead of time because they have contacted you on the phone first.
Then legit contests asks for you
to have paperwork notarized to confirm it is you
and your address.  Then they ask you to fax
the paperwork directly to them in a certain time frame.
There are also affidavits that you have to sign
concerning the taxes you will be responsible
for with your prize winnings.
And I did remember entering the contests
I was the winner of. 
They don't just up and send a check
out of the blue without first comfirming
who you are and going through some of
the procedures I had to go through.

After lots of Google searches I happened
across THIS SCAM which is exactly like
the scam mom was sent!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment