Sunday, September 30, 2012

9-29-12

10:40am


Did our grocery shopping this morning
for the week and spent $38.00. (no coupons).
Have a REALLY tight budget at the moment!!
No eating out.  Meals have to be
homemade or made from scratch. 

Trying to remember how I used to stretch out pop.
It was about 15-20 years ago and I think
I used to mix pop with a pitcher of kool aid to double
up on the amount of pop we had.
I don't like giving the kids kool-aid with 
all the sugar but for times like these you 
do what ya gotta do. The pop is diet.
It's gonna be some rough sledding
til Tony's bonus sometime in November.
And even still have to watch our pennies
til tax time.  It'll be a lot of work to save money.
To save money you need to make & fix
lots of stuff yourself and not rely on things that
are convenient.

I have a doctor's appointment Tuesday and lucky
for me I won't have to pay a copay during
the time of my visit.  It will be billed to me
later on thank goodness.  
I do need to make Tony a doctor's appointment
which will cost $25 for copay.
He still has not received his blood pressure
or cholesterol prescription medicines
so needs to see the doctor about getting them ASAP.
Don't get me started about our doctor
denying them when our mail order prescription
company called to confirm his prescriptions.
He's been having constant headaches and at
times his blood pressure is higher than it should be.
Today I did get him some more baby aspirin
that he ran out of and he takes fish oil
with omega 3's.  So I'm hoping those help
him some since he doesn't have his other meds. 

Tomorrow I have to sit down and do bills.
This won't be easy.  I'm really considering
only sending half the amount owed on my
electric bill just to have a little extra money.
I have not paid only a portion of any
bills in about 7-8 years, have always paid
them in full.  I'm telling ya that between
vehicle repairs and doctor bills in the last
couple of years it has really hurt us where it counts.

Still need to figure out how to pay for prescriptions.


General idea for a menu for this week.
Will probably swap around between days.

Drinks
-juice made from frozen concentrate
-milk
-pop
-kool aid
-coffee
-hot chocolate 

Snacks
-celery & peanut butter
-whatever I make from
from my pantry or from scratch
like cakes or cookies.

Sunday

Lunch
-Egg & cheese sandwiches
Supper 
-Lasagna roll ups

Monday

Breakfast
-Pancakes
Supper
- Pork chops, homemade mashed potatoes,
stuffing with apple pie filling

Tuesday

Breakfast
-Egg sandwich
Supper
-Cheeseburger mac made with deer burger
Wednesday
Breakfast 
-Pancakes
Supper
-Meatloaf made from deer burger,
mashed potatoes & macaroni & cheese.
Thursday
Breakfast
-Egg sandwich
Supper
-Potato soup with crackers
Friday
Breakfast
-Pancakes
Supper
-Chicken alfredo with homemade pasta,
bread & butter 

Saturday

Breakfast
-Egg sandwiches
Lunch
-Hamburgers 
Supper
-Fried cabbage, bacon, onions & potatoes

Sunday

Breakfast
-Pancakes
Lunch
-leftover chicken sandwiches
Supper
-Broccoli, chicken flavored rice & Italian sausage

Plus I still have these other menu ideas-
-grilled cheese & tomato soup
-lettuce roll ups with deer burger & rice.
-Cabbage roll soup
-hot dogs


1:45pm


Sitting down chilling for a moment.
Got laundry started and a couple blankets
hung on the line.  I then started tearing my
garden apart for the Winter.
Got all the wooden beds picked up
and moved and all the tomato plants
pulled out.  Now all I need to do is
run the lawn mower over everything.
(minus the tomato plants.  Those got
put in another pile.)
I did leave up the white trellis
as it still has blooming Flying Saucer Morning Glories on it.
I still plan to remove the wood from the
tomato plant stringer.  Have to hunt
down my drill first.
 Here's the rest of the tomatoes
and peppers I was able to get out of the garden.

I don't know if I want to do a veggie garden next year.
I think I want to work on a getting a nice
flower garden going.
Now I will still be growing grapes and pears though.

Well time to get back to doing laundry, ugggghh!



6:50pm


Just returned from a couple nature walks
at Hoover Dam.  This is the perfect time
of year during the Fall to take pictures.












Found a couple lures.
Don't know what this area above is called.
It's Sunbury Road before you cross the bridge.


Crossing over the Sunbury Rd. bridge heading to Twin Bridges.


Twin Bridges.














We saw this little bad boy sitting in Menards parking lot.



Once home Jonathan and dad finished making
the drift trike.  Turned out pretty good considering
this was made from three different bikes.
And all the neighborhood kids came outta the woodwork
to check it out, lol.


8:15pm


Just finishing supper then need to work
on a couple more loads of laundry,
throw the kids in the shower
and lay out clothes for everyone for tomorrow.
Oh yeah, and also make up a bunch of
pancakes for this weeks' breakfasts.
It's much easier to make them ahead
of time and that way all you have to do 
is warm them up in the microwave in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment