Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1-3-12

7:30am


Ahhh, 6am comes way too early to wake up.

I haven't been sleeping well the last couple of
days and by that I mean I getting to sleep
about 1-3am. I can't take any otc ant-inflamitory
medicines so my body just throbs. And with that
comes the tossing and turning at night trying
to sleep and trying to get comfortable.

Today is the day I can't eat any solid foods.
I spent yesterday all the way til midnight grubbing, lol.
At 11:30pm I was having 2 grilled cheese sandwiches
with a plate of tortilla chips and a glass of pop.
This is gonna suck. I started off my morning
with a glass of apple juice. So tired and are
ready to go back to bed for a bit.
Tony's already gone for work. Not sure why they
told him to go in an hour early because
the roads didn't need salted. Oh well, there's
an easy extra hour of overtime sitting around
doing nothing.

I start my bowel prep this evening at 5:00pm.
Hubby's into hip hop and has been trying
to come up with his own lyrics to the song
5 O'Clock by T-Pain. Ha, Ha. Sure would like
to see him go through this. He'd be nervous too!
After midnight tonight I can't have anything at
all to drink. Getting a dry mouth just thinking
about it. I think I'll have mom pack a couple
cans of diet cola in the car tomorrow so I can
drink something after the procedure.
This sucks. Today I am making ham & potato
soup for supper. I can't even have
a nibble of it. I can't even taste it to see
if I get the seasonings right in it or to
see if I need to add something else to it.


I'm going back to bed. It's 7:40am
and I've had about 3-4 hours sleep.

Oh, be sure to check out the printable coupon
list I've been working on since last night.
You can find the link at the top of the page.


------------------------------------------------------


Each year for our kids birthday we take them out to eat.
They usually choose CiCi's Pizza Buffet.
You can sign up to get CiCi coupons in your email
for things like buy 1 get 1 adults or a free kids buffet.
It just so happens I got an email from them the
other day for a free kids buffet.
Boy that will sure come in handy at just
the right time. It think kids buffets run
about $5 to $6 and includes drinks.
Any money saved is good!


-----------------------------------------------------


2:00pm

I've been drinking only apple juice so far
and have had about 3 glasses of it today.
I have to start working on supper.
This ought to be fun. I need to start peeling
up some potatoes and start working on getting
my remaining ham cut up and boiled off the bone.
Not supposed to eat anything yet I have to
be around food. This totally sucks.


---------------------------------------------------------


3:00pm


Got everything chopped up and boiling on
the stove for the potato soup.
I chopped up part of a veggie tray I found
as a manager special to put in the soup.
I used the broccoli, a couple pieces of celery
and some carrots. I also chopped up a small
onion. I'll throw the leftover ranch dip
into the soup mix as well.

The leftover carrots and tomatoes
will go into a tossed salad with leftover
lettuce from the taco salad we had the other day.
It will be served with lasagna tomorrow.

Potato Soup

-leftover ham (free)
-leftover veggie tray ($2.00)
-5 potatoes cubed ($1.00)
-1 small onion, diced
-pkt of sausage flavored country gravy mix ($1.29)
-26 oz can cream of chicken soup (.79 cents)
-milk & water (.50 cents)
-seasonings, salt & pepper

TOTAL COST TO MAKE $5.68


--------------------------------------------------


3:15pm

Watch for the sales ads that come in your mail box
today. There is a Burger King coupon booklet in there
with some buy 1 get 1 whoppers and chicken sandwiches
along with some meal deal coupons and free sides
when you buy a meal.


--------------------------------------------------


4:15pm

Got the potato soup all put together and simmering
on the stove. This will easily make three meals
if not more. Leftovers will go into the freezer.
I caught myself a couple times trying to put
the spoon to my mouth to take a bite.
Man, the whole house smells so good and this
soup looks so good to eat on a cold day
and it sucks I can't eat any of it.

I sliced off a bunch of ham and cut it up
to put in the soup. There was still some
left on the bone so I put it in a zip
freezer bag and will put it in the freezer
for another soup at another time.



---------------------------------------------------------


Clock's a ticking as I keep watching it for
5:00pm to roll around. Then let the pooping begin!
I so don't look forward to drinking this
prescription stuff!

Starting at 5:00pm I have to drink 16 ounces of
stuff mixed with water. Then from
5-6:00 I have to drink 2 more 16 ounces water glasses.

Then at 8:00 I have to drink another 16 ounces of stuff.
And then drink another two 16 ounces water before 9:00pm.


What a heck of a week this is and going to be.
Tony's on call all week. Tuesday is my bowel prep.
Wednesday is my colonoscopy. Friday is Christopher's
birthday. Trying to find another maintenance guy
to cover the pager while we go out to eat on
Friday at CiCi's.


-------------------------------------------------------


4:58pm

Of course Tony is still at work working
on a furnace that keeps cycling.
I'm so tired at the moment and have a headache.
People are like cars. You don't put gas in
a car it doesn't go. You don't put people in
food they get tired and have no energy.

Well here goes my first cup of stuff.
Wish me luck!


-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment