Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1-4-12

7:15am


Well I survived the bowel prep last night
for the colonoscopy. The worst part was drinking
that nasty crap. That was like drinking a glass
of salt water mixed with a strong lemon minus
any sugar. DISGUSTING!!

I am so hungry. Trying to watch tv last night
and seeing foods of every kind when I can't have
any just made me irritable. I've gone a whole
day now working on another 1/2 day with no solid
foods. Last night I did have 2 cups of
chicken broth and a cup of beef broth warmed
up. That helped some when I'm starving.
I did find some mints to suck on to get
the nasty taste out of my mouth from the
stuff I had to drink.

This morning I am packing a thermos with
some potato soup in it. I want some
food when I get out of this doctor's office today!
Mom's going to take me to Burger King afterwards.
Hoping to use one of those coupons that
came yesterday to get a Whopper. Usually I can't
eat a whole one but I think I could today, lol!

I'm not supposed to have any liquids as of
midnight last night. I woke up this morning like I had
slept with my mouth open the entire night
and was so dry. I sipped on a little water,
I didn't care. It was like the Saharrah Desert
in my mouth! Still is dry but anything helps.
Starting to get a headache again.
I will be so glad when this whole thing is
over with!!

We'll see how I feel later on to see
if I get back on blogger anymore today.


----------------------------------------------------------


8:45am

Getting ready to head out in 15 minutes.
Have I mentioned I'M HUNGRY!!!
Got my soup packed up, a package of crackers
and mom's bringing 2 cans of diet pop.
So ready to grub once this is all over with!!!
STARVING!!!! It'll be a day and a half with
no food!! And I am so thirsty!!! It's like torture
to have this done. I hope everything goes ok
because I don't want to have this redone anytime soon!


-------------------------------------------------


1:00pm

I'm back home. The procedure went ok and I was
awake to see most of it. I didn't feel sleepy
or dizzy after. I feel fine running around like
normal. My belly is full now after some potato
soup and a whopper. Going with no food is like
being a smoker without a cigarette for a day and a half!

I have three prescriptions I need to get.
One of which I need to get refilled 9 times.
I go back in a month to see the gastrenologist.

I have a piece of paper with 8 different photos
of 8 different areas of my colon which has
many ulcers all over them. They took samples
from all 8 areas and are having biopsies done of them.

I still do not have a name to whatever it is I have.
While there are many ulcers they still have yet
to call it Ulcerative Colitis.

My prescriptions include-

Flogyl 1 x's a day for 10 days.
Eliminates bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections of the reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.


Cipro-
St. Ann's gave me this when I was just in there
for dehydration.
Is used to treat or prevent certain infections caused by bacteria.


Lialda-
Lialda (mesalamine) affects a substance in the body that causes inflammation, tissue damage, and diarrhea.

Lialda is used to treat ulcerative colitis, proctitis, and proctosigmoiditis. Lialda is also used to prevent the symptoms of ulcerative colitis from recurring.


The doctor was kind enough to give me photos of
what the inside of my colon looked like.
Each photo is different parts of my colon.
And each red spot is an ulcer!



------------------------------------------------------



3:50pm

Just checked my email and found that CiCi's sent
me another printable coupon for
Two can dine for $10.99.
This includes 2 adult buffets AND 2 drinks.

That's a pretty good deal.
I think adult buffets are around $8.00 each
plus drinks are around $2.00 each.
So at regular price it would cost $10 per adult.

I've asked my parents to come and printed
them out a coupon to use also.

I think this coupon would save more money
than using the other coupon for one free kids buffet.

I'm guessing on these deals-
$5.49 kids meal x's 2 is $11.00
plus 2 adult meals with drinks coupon $11.00
makes it $22 for a family of four.

Plus my parents meals and drinks will cost $11.
So $33 for 6 people to eat at the buffet with drinks!
Would have cost $51 without the coupons!
I'd be saving $18 between both families
by using the 2 coupons I got today!!


-----------------------------------------------------


Had to go to Kroger's tonight to pick up
three prescriptions. While there I found some
.10 cent deals posted above in Store Deals.

I had 3 prescriptions but only walked away with one.
The main one WITH insurance cost $102!!!
I spoke with a pharmacist about that prescription
and had asked them if it was pretty much the
same thing as the Pentasa I have. They told me
yes. I told them I had Pentasa at home that already
cost me $100 so could I take that instead.
They said it would be ok to do so because
each of those prescription have the same ingredients
and do the same thing.
Get this, $102 for the one medicine and there
are 11 refills on it!!! CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY.
Sounds like I have to stay on this type
of medicine for awhile and don't know how I can
get around the $100 price sticker.
I don't have $1000 to $1200 to pay a year
on one prescription.
I'm going to take a guess, even though the doctor
didn't come out and say it, that I have
Ulcerative Colits, ulcers in the colon.



------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment