Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3-13-12

7:30am


We've been watching a lot of
Blue Collar Comedy lately. You know with Foxworthy,
Engval, White and Larry the Cable Guy. I'm sure you are all
familiar with You Might Be A Redneck If. Well I think I
ought to do, You Might Be A Mommy If!
Oh yeah here would be a couple first entries into that book
starting today...

So far this morning is going ok. Well, except for one incident.
Got up this morning when the alarm went off (yeah)
and stopped in the bathroom because I had to pee really bad.
It looked like something exploded in there!
I thought maybe a kid got sick all over the toilet in the night. Wrong!
Remember yesterday I said
we've been having go rounds with diarrhea. Well that was
something I didn't want to have to clean up first
thing after waking up. I'm doing a dance because of having
to pee trying to clean that mess up. I'm sure I woke everyone
else up with the heaving sounds I was making!
Sure didn't need the caffeine this morning to wake up after all that.
That was an eye opener in itself (along with a nasal opener).

And here's another.
I'm laying in bed last night watching tv, everyone was asleep. It was late
and I hear talking in the hallway. I get up to check it out.
It's Christopher and he was sleep walking. He kept pushing
on the wall in the hallway hollering out saying,
"dad, I can't get the bathroom door open, it's stuck!" LMAO!
I gently guided this sleep walker over to the bathroom
doorway and said, you might want to try this door instead.
And knowing he was sleep walking I guided him to the toilet
so he didn't pee everywhere. If I only had known what was
to come in the morning.


-----------------------------------------------------------------



3:30pm


Here's one of my "do what ya gotta do with what ya got to do it with" moments.

For supper we are having Chicken Enchiladas.
Got the idea HERE for the recipe. I say idea because most of the time I see recipes
I want to try but don't have some of the ingredients it calls for
so I try and use substitutions with what I have.

OK let's look at the ingredients and see where I made my changes.


Ingredients

* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1/2 cup sour cream
(used bacon ranch dressing)
* 1 tablespoon margarine
* 1 onion, chopped
(used dehydrated on ion chopped in food processor)
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
(I used 1 teaspoon taco seasoning)
* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
(I used 4 breaded chicken patties chopped up and pulsed
in food processor)
* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
(don't have any so omitted)
* 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
(I used 4 American cheese slices)

I put chicken into a saucepan with butter and onions for a few minutes
til warmed through and onions were cooked.
I spooned chicken into tortillas and topped with a couple tablespoons
of cream of chicken mixture, rolled up and put seam side down into
a greased casserole dish. The remaining cream of chicken mixture didn't
look like enough to pour over top enchiladas so I added a little butter
and flour to it (making it like a white sauce) and cooked til it thickened.
Once thickened add in milk a little at a time til desired consistency.
I folded up my cheese slices into quarters and placed two pieces on
each enchilada then poured the sauce over top of everything.
Bake at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes.


-------------------------------------------------------------


8:30pm

Just returned from Tony's work. He has the on call pager
this week. A lady called and said she smelled something toxic
in her apartment. Tony went in to check it out then came
out and got me out of the truck because he couldn't smell anything.
He told the older lady that he was bringing
in his wife with the bloodhound nose for everything, lol.
She was so nice to us. I must of looked funny sniffing the
air in the kitchen, hallway, bedroom and dining/living room combo.
I smelled nothing but a stuffy apartment. I told her to run
the ceiling fan to get some air flow in there and Tony
had her turn the furnace fan on to help circulate
and clean the air and tomorrow while it's nice out to
open up a few windows to get some fresh air in there.
Houses/apartments get stuffy during the Winter months
if you don't have proper air flow running through them.
I use fans 24-7 and I have an air purifier in our home
running all year long. The apartment complex also just
recently laid mulch just outside her window. That could
be something else she is smelling if a door was opened. But I did not smell
it in her home. Mulch can reek of cow poo really bad.
She's a retired lady, just got a little dog a couple
months ago (which could also be the smell she is smelling
in a small apartment),
home all day, doesn't have a car to go anywhere unless she walks.
She said she called the fire department last week to come out
and check the toxic smell she claims to smell and they cleared
the apartment saying everything was ok and nothing was wrong.
She still didn't seem at ease after tonight. Not really
sure if she was all there if you know what I mean.
Heck she handed me a package of sponges and a crocheted
wash cloth while there and said I could have them out of the blue.
Not really sure if this is the problem, but sometimes older
people who live alone do things for attention.
They like being able to have company over and talk to others.
Just a thought because she went on to have a full discussion
about all the canvas paintings she had on the wall that
she had painted herself. One of which was of a scenery of
the apartments just outside her door. They were actually
pretty good and I didn't mind the small talk because I like art.
I'm not making fun of her at all but when you have to deal
with so many people in one apartment complex you have to get
to know your residents to understand them better.


---------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment