Friday, March 9, 2012

3-9-12

!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMIEN!!!!!!



------------------------------------------------------------------


9:15-10:15am


I've spent the last hour priming the one pantry wall
behind the furnace. Not fun! The bare wood
just soaks up the primer and the primer is a littler
thicker and harder to work with than regular paint.
I looked like a contortionists working my way around
the furnace and gas line and kept banging my head
against a furnace pipe.


Here is how I keep my paintbrush clean.
I cut the top off a 2 liter pop bottle,
added hot water and a splash of vinegar.



I started unloading all my canning jars and supplies
from boxes and putting them on some shelves to get
an idea of how much space these would take up.
I still need one more shelf in the first row,
but I think all the jars will only take up
one and a half rows. I can then fill the jars with
things like rice, decoration sprinkles, marshmallows,
flour, sugar, rice, beans, etc. Then when I get the other shelves
made across the wall I'll use those for canned goods,
small food boxes and toiletry items I've stocked up on.
Whew, sure wish this project would be over with.
But I know if I don't keep pushing forward with it then
I can't move on to other areas of the basement.
This is the first, very important step of redoing the basement
is making more storage.



-----------------------------------------------------------


1:45pm

Got supper in the crock pot. I made this recipe,
Crock pot Pork Chop Barbecue, but did a few tweaks of my own to give it more of
an oriental flare.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Italian dressing
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple

Combine all the ingredients in the crock pot
except pineapple.
Because I know my kids wouldn't eat this with pineapple
chunks, I put the can of pineapple with liquid
into the food processor with a little sauce from
the crock pot and pureed it some so that the pineapple
wasn't noticeable anymore. Then I dumped the pineapple
into the crock pot and stirred everything together.
Next I added 6 pork chops, making sure they were
coated with the sauce on both sides. I set the
crock pot on low and will cook for the next 4-5 hours.

When done remove pork chops and reserve sauce to pour
over minute rice.


I would have loved to of added some chopped green bell
pepper to this but that would be pushing it with
getting kids to eat it. Maybe I could do some on the side
for me and Tony and mix it into our servings only.


------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment