Monday, March 5, 2012

3-5-12

8:35am


Not a good Monday morning. First off we couldn't find
my truck keys. Jonathan now has diarrhea and threw up.
Already kept him home from school Friday for bronchitis.
I got all the regular bills made out and in the mailbox.
Those aren't fun to do. Tony has to stop by his doctor's office
today. We have mail order prescriptions and the last time
they were due for automatic refills the doctor denied the request
when our mail order company contacted him.
Doc wanted Tony to come in for a check up before
he would refill them. Well Tony went in for
a checkup about a month or so ago and the doctor never sent in the refill request
for all his meds and now he is low and out of some.
Not good for someone with diabetes. What is this doctor thinking?!
I'm not liking this mail or prescription thing!
And now starting in a month or two they are changing
our current mail order prescription company to another
company. Anything to make life more complicated.
Don't get me started on me or Tony not getting a whole
lot of sleep due to the cat meowing and calling out to
I guess invisible cats in the house all hours of the night. He gets so paranoid
that there is another cat lingering around. Let's see what else.
Oh, I still have about 2-3 more loads of laundry to do.
I haven't figured out any meals for the week either.
My stomach feels in an uproar considering I've
been going through a Crohns flare up recently. And my house is a mess.
Oh and let's not forget about getting Tony's truck this week.
Did I say truck when he has a car? yup. He's decided
that he needs a bigger vehicle which is understandable
when doing maintenance. I just hate, hate, hate the
buying and selling of any vehicles anymore!
But that's not til Friday or Saturday of this week
that we pick it up. Then I'll let him deal with selling his
car. That is a pain in the butt having to deal
with idiots on Craigslist. We were thinking to ask
the person with the truck if they would take an even
trade for our one Trans Am they are interested in
for the truck. This would be so nice not having any
out of pocket money.

And here is our newest truck (photos from Craigslist). Don't it look like
it could just suck gas like it's nothing.
But I guess I have to think positive knowing
that trucks hold more value and sell more easy than
a car would. Ask me how I know this. Car lots
only want to give us about $800 for our car as
a trade in. Then turn around and sell it for
$3,000 to $4,000 and make a hell of a profit from it.
It's a 2001 Dodge Stratus RT.
Needless to say they can get bent with that amount.
I figure we could get $2000 to $2300 for it by
selling it outright. When selling a car always sell
it at a price that is a couple hundred dollars
more than you would like to get for it.
I say $2300 but would offer the person interested in it
$2000 if they bargained with me. They think they are getting $300 knocked off
the price and are getting a good deal. I then get
the price of $2,000 I'm wanting. See how that works.
Buyers will always try to talk you down. I know, I do it.



There, I've gotten my gripes out of the way first thing
this morning.

-------------------------------------------------------


9:20am

Decided to clean out my fridge and freezer and by that I mean
clean out any science projects, rearrange and find out
what I have to make meals with. It'll be another
day to thoroughly take everything out and wipe it down.
I saw this idea that I might try when I do.
Use press and seal storage wrap to line your
fridge shelves.
Once they get dirty, just remove
the paper and replace with new, no cleaning!
Anything to make my life easier. The cleaning of the
fridge is the last thing I want to do.



--------------------------------------------------------------


I think I've figured out what to have for supper today-
Tilapia fish fillets. I'll marinate them in some
Italian dressing then put each one on a piece of tinfoil
with a little butter and seasonings like garlic and herbs.
Wrap up tight like a pocket then place into crock pot.
First put a little water in bottom of crock, add crumpled
up balls of foil (or I used crushed up aluminum cans)
and place fish foil packets on top.
Serve with some macaroni & cheese and broccoli salad.
For the broccoli salad I omit the raisins
and add shredded cheddar cheese and add very little
splenda like a couple teaspoons.


----------------------------------------------------------


I was thinking about making this cake today or tomorrow
called http://lilluna.com/boston-cream-poke-cake/
I've been having a major sweet tooth!
Got some slice and bake chocolate chip cookies
in the oven as I type, lol.

A simple and delicious cake-version of Boston Cream Donuts
Ingredients

* - Yellow Cake Mix (and cake ingredients)
* - French Vanilla Pudding (5.9 oz. box)
* - Chocolate Pudding (5.9 oz. box)
* - Milk

Instructions

1. Make cake as directed in a 9×13 pan.
2. Poke holes into cake using the end of a large wooden spoon while cake is semi-warm.
3. Make French Vanilla pudding as directed. Wait a minute for it to thicken up a little more and pour over cake.
4. Make Chocolate pudding as directed. Pour over cake as well.
5. Refrigerate at least for 30 minutes and serve.


Instead of chocolate pudding on top I have some leftover
chocolate frosting that I'll put in the microwave
and pour over the top of the cake instead.

Of course I don't have a cake mix so will have to make one
from scratch. Here is an easy yellow cake recipe to make.


Ingredients

* 1 cup butter
* 2 1/2 cups white sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
* 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x13 inch pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.



There's also a recipe for OREO POKE CAKE.
Chocolate cake with oreo pudding.
Sounds and looks yummy also!
But I don't have those ingredients on hand to make it.


--------------------------------------------------------------


3:45pm


Spent the last half hour painting on my pantry shelves/walls.
The regular paint went on so much smoother and easier
than the primer! This paint is a semi-gloss creamy white
so it's not as bright as the primer.
Right side is just the primer while the left side
is the regular paint. Still wet as it takes awhile
to dry in the basement. Look, no more old and yucky
paper towel holder.




Still so much more to do with painting and making
LOT AND LOTS of shelves and painting those also.
I've only got less than half of the wall studs painted.
Here you can see more walls that I have to do.
This isn't a little project and I'm trying to work
on it when I can. I'm the only one doing this
so it will be awhile. I will have so much storage
space once it's all done :0)
But hands + paint brush + carpal tunnel =
Hands going numb and cramping! I can only do
so much at once before the pain kicks in.




---------------------------------------------------


I didn't get my fish fillets in the crock pot so
now will put them in the oven to bake.

I got 2 loads of blankets washed & dried today and
2 loads of clothes in the wash, one now in the dryer.
Probably will do another load with more sheets
and blankets.

Have to run to Kroger tonight to pick up a few things.
Hopefully Jonathan will be able to return to school
tomorrow and things will get back to normal.
I'm not really sure what normal is like, lol.

When I was griping about everything going wrong
today I failed to mention that Jonathan was
in the kitchen when he got sick this morning. The nearest place
to throw up...my kitchen sink. AHHHHHHHH!
Thank God it was just some liquids such as pepto
bismal and whatever he drank for breakfast!
So there was another chore of mine, to clean out
the sink, dishes and throw my sponges in the wash.
Don't know how the hot water tank is keeping
up with everything today.

And y'all know that he's had diarrhea today.
All it takes is a coughing fit to have to
totally change his outfit and clean him up.
We won't mention that he must of also done
this in his sleep so there's another load of laundry!

Can't win today at all!

Well I'm off here to make supper. Hoping for a
little sunshine tomorrow, lol.


------------------------------------------------------


5:35pm


Supper- fish, mac & cheese & broccoli salad.




-------------------------------------------------------------


9:25pm


Got the radio put in the truck earlier this evening.
It's so nice having something to listen
to while driving.

Went to Kroger. The shelves in that store were almost
cleared. It sucks shopping the first week of the
month because they don't keep the shelves stocked.
I did get the ingredients to make
both poke cake recipes mentioned above.
I couldn't decided between the two so
are going to make both between this week and next.

Well I'm sitting here chilling for the evening.
Wore out and tired that's for sure.
Waiting for my Lizard Lick to come on then will
go to sleep. Then tomorrow's another day, hopefully
a much better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment