Monday, March 26, 2012

3-26-12

10:50am


This morning I am working on taking apart the seams
on the two chenille pillow shams for the laundry room rug I am
making. .99 cents x's 2 shams is $1.98 for this rug.
And then put some rubber mat shelf liner under it to keep it
from sliding around on the floor. I'm sure I already
have a roll of that somewhere to use for this.
This rug will be 4' x 5'1" when done.

Here is one pillow sham before taking apart the seams
and the one where I took it apart.
I don't have a seam ripper so I used a razor blade instead.
I could add a colorful binding to the edges to jazz it
up some more.





I haven't gotten the fabric shower curtains put up on
the laundry room wall. I need to figure out a way
to do it. I can't exactly screw it into a concrete wall.
I was thinking about getting a long 10' pvc pipe for about $1.50 to $2.00
and hanging it down from the ceiling off the floor joists
with rope and then either using shower curtain hooks
or some pretty ribbon to match to hang the curtain from it.
Or I could just use some power grab to "glue it to the
wall at the top. I'll figure out something.


-------------------------------------------------------------------


3:15pm


I made up a 5 gallon bucket of laundry soap.


1/2 bar Fels Naptha grated then added with water
in a pot on stove over medium heat til soap has melted.

In 5 gallon bucket add
1.5 cups Borax laundry,
and 1 cup Washing Soda.
I also added in a sample packet of Tide.

Add warm water to bucket and stir to dissolve soap powders.
Pour in your melted soap from stove and mix all together.

Allow to sit til cooled off. You can then use it as is
or fill smaller containers with it. I use old
detergent and fabric softener bottles.

Use about a third cup for each load of laundry.


-----------------------------------------------------------------


4:05pm


I got this quart of paint below at a yard sale
in a freebie box. It's of a turquoise color.
I tinkered with it and some of my craft paints
to see if I could make the light green color
in the fabric shower curtain to possibly
paint a couple walls with in the laundry room.

I added in some yellow to turn it more of
a green color then added white to lighten it.
I thought I got pretty darn close.
A little lighter than the color on the fabric
but I would rather have the walls a lighter color.
But that was only a sample I made up in a cup
and will sometime try and do the whole can
that way. I have a vision in mind of a Spring time
colored laundry room that is cheerful.
I think of Spring grass and tulips
with these colors.



Don't be afraid to try and make your own paint
colors with paint you already have by adding
in cheap craft paint that is about $1.00 a bottle
for basic colors. I got most of my craft paint
from a vacant apartment at hubby's work
where the residents left a bunch of stuff behind.


--------------------------------------------------------------


6:00pm

Supper tonight- Chicken Parmigiana


Boil pasta in pot, drain, add butter.

In small saucepan add 4 cheese spaghetti sauce
and 1-2 tablespoons splenda. Cook over medium
heat til warmed through.

In a skillet add a little butter and breaded chicken patties.
Fry til golden brown on both sides.
Add a slice of american cheese to patties.

Remove chicken patties from skillet.
Add in sliced fresh mushrooms and green bell pepper.
Saute til warmed through.

Add pasta noodles to plate. Top with spaghetti sauce.
Add Chicken patty on top of sauce. Add
veggies on top of chicken patty.

Serve with bread and butter.


--------------------------------------------------------


7:30pm

Well all, I know it's only 7:30pm but my legs are hurting
like crazy in the thigh areas and I'm feeling extremely tired.
I've been having a flare up with Crohns so it all might
be linked together. I get major body aches and tiredness
at times with it. Still taking my Lialda medicine as directed.
I got up at 6am, took a 2 hour nap today, so I can't
explain the overwhelming tiredness at the moment.


---------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment