Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3-14-12

12:00pm


Went to Bible study this morning then stopped in Aldis
for a few things. Still need to stop in Kroger tonight
for some pop, milk and laundry bar soap to make some
more homemade laundry detergent. This time around
I want to make the dry version and make it a little different.
Along with the regular ingredients I want to add in
some lemonade koolaid packets, the ones WITHOUT sugar
added in! Lemon is a natural bleach and stain alternative
that is safe on whites and colored fabrics.
It also eliminates rust stains and removes juice stains.
I see many people making homemade dishwasher detergent
with the lemonade packets in them so why not also
try it in the homemade laundry detergent.
Here is where I researched using lemon in laundry
detergents- TLC The Learning Channel.


For tonight's supper I came up with the idea of making
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Roll Ups.
I'll write up the entire recipe later on when I
actually make it because at the moment I don't have one.
But for now here are the ingredients
to make it. That's the reason for going to Aldi's today,
to try and get the ingredients much cheaper than other
grocery stores.

-Ham slices
-Chicken slices
-Swiss cheese slices
-1 box of lasagna
-1 container of cottage cheese
-1 jar of alfredo sauce


Boil lasagna noodles, drain. Rinse with cold water
so they aren't so hot to handle.
Place cut up slices of ham, chicken, swiss cheese
on each pasta noodle then top with a couple spoonfuls
of cottage cheese. Beginning at one end, roll
up noodle. Place in greased casserole dish that
has enough alfredo sauce to cover the bottom.
Continue doing all the noodles. Pour remaining
alfredo sauce over top of all roll ups and bake
350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

It made enough to have another complete meal to put in the freezer.
One roll up was enough for me to eat while everyone else ate two.
So this has anywhere between 9-18 servings
depending on how big a portion you have.








----------------------------------------------------------------


8:30pm


Stopped in Kroger this evening to get some pop, milk
and laundry soap bars. I also saw that they had eggs
on sale for $1.00 a dozen. I grabbed 2 dozen. I have plans of
making those up for breakfasts and freezing them.
I'll show you another time how to do this so you are
able to stock up on eggs when they go on sale and freeze
them for sandwiches.
I also got more eggs the other day to make pickled eggs out of.
So much to do. Trying to find time to do it all.
At the moment my legs are hurting pretty good so I'm
taking it easy for the rest of the evening.
My Ghost Hunters is coming on in the next half hour
so going to go take a chill pill. Oh, that reminds me,
gotta take my medicine. So tired. I was up about 3:30 to 4:30am
this morning. Don't know why I've been waking up in the wee hours.
Then I didn't get a nap in today.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment