Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9-28-11

Vocalpoint is giving away a FREE sample
tube of New Crest® Complete Multi-Benefit
Whitening + Deep Clean Toothpaste.
Must be a member.
Should arrive in 5-7 weeks.


--------------------------------------------------------------


Be sure to sign up for Speedy Rewards at Speedway. Each month they will send you a newsletter
and usually they send a coupon for freebies.
This month there is a printable coupon for
a free bag of Frito Lay chips.


-------------------------------------------------------------


Red Plum's Dash For Deals Coupon of the Day-

$1.50 off Filippo Berio Olive Oil


$5.99 at Meijer. Maybe watch for a possible sale on it.


--------------------------------------------------------------


Printable .35 cents (.70 cents double) on
Maxwell House instant single serve packs.

I don't know how much these go for.
Taster's Choice single packs go for under $1.50.


--------------------------------------------------------------


8:30am

Getting ready to go grocery shopping at Meijer.
There's 5 of of us going, mom, step-dad, me and 2 kids.
This ought to be fun. If I haven't pulled my hair
out at the end of this shopping trip it will be
a miracle. I have lots of coupons to use
so need to be in my right mind somehow.


--------------------------------------------------------------



10:30am

It was hard for me to stick to a grocery budget of only $40
this week. Food prices are too high at the moment.
I'm hoping that with falling gas prices, some food
prices along with other items will start to drop as well.
Not all things on my grocery lists have coupons.
For example- milk, bread, eggs, gerbil food, ibuprofen and so on.
Or it is cheaper to buy store brands than it is
to use coupons on some name brands.

I spent $46 today at Meijer and $18 at Aldi this week.
Now that I am getting back into coupons, my stockpile
will start growing and I won't need as many groceries
each week in the future when I get stocked up.

Next week I hope to only spend around $25 total for the week.
And that's using the $5 off $25 at Save-A-Lot
trying to stock up on sausage, toilet paper, milk
and anything else I might need.

So if you look at it this way, then this week
and next week I will have only spent $89
which averages out to only $45 a week.

Here's the result of today's Meijer trip-

Spent $46
I saved $70.58

So $116.58 of groceries for $47!



2 pkgs Freshlike broccoli- FREE
4 Lunchables (only 2 shown) .15 cents each
4 boxes pizza rolls- .59 cents each
2 pkgs Kraft cheese slices- $1.50 each



1 Wheat Thin crackers- $1.50
Meijer Mini Chipsters cereal- $1.99
4 pkgs Budding chipped meat- FREE
2 Country Crock Butter- $1.99 each
Dozen large eggs- .99 cents



2 pkgs Archway Cookies- FREE
2 pkgs Archway Cookies- .50 cents each
2 bags Chex mix- FREE
2 Betty Crocker Molasses cookie mixes- FREE
2 Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mixes- .87 cents each



Gallon milk- $2.79
2 Dole fruit jars- .50 cents each
1 Dole Fruit Crisp- $1.00
2 Open Pit BBQ sauce- .49 cents each
3 pound bag of onions- .99 cents
2 Welch's jelly- .77 cents each
2 Planter's peanut butter- Unsure, questionable price on receipt!



4 Progresso soups- $1.00 each
2 Barilla pasta sauces- .90 cents each



1 matchbox car $1.07 (christopher gave me $1.00 for it)
2 glad carpet fresh- .89 cents each
Gerbil food- $2.79
2- 100 packs Meijer Ibuprofen- $4.00
Schick Hydro 5 Razor- FREE (reg. $7.84)
Schick Shave Gel- FREE (reg. ($3.19)


-------------------------------------------------------------------


1:45pm

Got another 2.5 pounds potatoes sliced
and put in the dehydrator. This time
around I did not peel them first.
I sliced them peels and all since
that's where a lot of vitamins are!



--------------------------------------------------------------

Got my gas and electric bill today.

I haven't run air condition for about a month
now and my electric bill still seems high for
some reason. I actually used 123KWH more
than last year at this time. Something's not
making any sense. I did manage to shave
$60 off since last month down from
$172 down to $112.

The gas bill was not in my favor either.
Usually they bill me too much. I know
last year after they made an actual meter
reading I did not have to pay gas for
three months because I paid too much during
the year. Now I have to pay this months
bill of $26.38 along with an additional
$48.50 where I didn't pay enough throughout
the year.

Can't win. Going to have to take an electric
inventory around the house to see what is plugged
in, what's running all the time, what can I unplug,
what has to stay on. We do have some concern
that maybe the "new" double door fridge
with ice maker and water in the door my
be eating a lot of electric compared
to our last fridge.

I have yet to turn the furnace on even when
it got down into the 40's some mornings.
I got out an electric heater. I haven't used
it yet. But if it gets too chilly in here some
mornings in the near future I'm going to turn
that on instead of the furnace for about an hour.
Trying to hold off as long as possible.

I see gas prices at the pump going down.
Yesterday I saw $3.14. I'm hoping that will
mean that the natural gas might go down as well.
I don't know how that all works. I know
we all could use a break somewhere with utilities
and gas for vehicles!!


Many years ago we had our gas furnace at our apartment
go out ealry morning of a horrible Winter day.
Our living and dining area was about
12 feet by 22 feet and I hung blankets in the
open doorways to close them off. I used an electric heater about
the size of a toaster and it heated the room
up very well.

So I am hoping by using an electric heater here and
there throughout the day it will save some on
the gas furnace bill this Winter. I'm not talking
about having it on during sleeping hours as I would
be too worried about that. Maybe an hour in the morning
when we wake up and an hour in the evening.
I have electric blankets I can plug in for about
about 30 minutes to an hour each night under comforters and warm up
the beds then turn off.


-------------------------------------------------------


"like" Kikkoman on Facebook and get
a printable coupon good for $1.00 off any Kikkoman product.

Let 3 of your friends know about the offer
and you'll get a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free
Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce.


--------------------------------------------------------


Reportedly you can get a FREE one year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens when you purchase (2) 1 lb. boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. The rebate form is attached to the box. You'll get two boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and 12 issues of Better Homes & Gardens for $0.09 each! Here's how:

(2) Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1 lb.), $0.64 ea.
Submit rebate form from specially marked boxes.
Get 12 issues of Better Homes & Garden for FREE!

Offer expires May 31, 2012. Only one subscription per household.


-----------------------------------------------------------


I liked this story!

A mother passing by her daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then she saw an envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed. It was addressed, "Mom." With the worst premonition, she opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands: Dear Mom: It is with great regret and sorrow tha......t I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new boyfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Dad and you. I've been finding real passion with him and he is so nice-even with all his piercings, tattoos, beard, and his motorcycle clothes. But it's not only the passion Mom, I'm pregnant and he said that we will be very happy. He already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. He wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too. He taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and trading it with his friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so he can get better; he sure deserves it!! Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grand children. Your daughter, Cheyanne.. PS: Mom, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbor's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in my desk center drawer. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home!!


----------------------------------------------------------


.55 cent printable coupon ($1.10 doubled)
for Little Debbie chocolate chip brownies.


----------------------------------------------------------


$1.25 off Silk Milk when you "like" them on Facebook.


----------------------------------------------------------

New coupons on Smartsource.

$2.00 off Frito Lay variety packs

$2.00 off two 24 packs of Pepsi

$1.00 off 2 Sierra Mist 2 liters

$1.00 off any 5 SoBe 20 ounce, Propel 24 ounce

Free Pepsi Max 2 liter when you purchase
two 8.5 ounce or larger cheetos snacks.

$1.00 off 2 bags Cheetos or Fritos 8.5 ounce or larger

$1.00 off 2 bags Sunchips 10 ounce or larger

+ a few others


-----------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment