Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9-7-11

8:50am

Got everyone off to work and school this morning
with no problems. Discovered at 8am that there
is a ghost hunter marathon on sci-fi today! One of
my favorite shows. Yesterday they had a ghost
whisperer marathon. Love that show also.
Tonight there is a new show on sci-fi
called paranormal witness. Can't wait to check that out.

Still working on a few survey sites to make a little
something doing them. Right now I am working towards
getting my fourth $25 gift card to Gamestop.
I'm hoping to have four $25 gift cards by Christmas time.
That will help out lots. So far I only have $75 worth.
It takes about a year to get $100 worth of gift cards.
I discovered this morning that this one survey site
added Blockbuster Express as one of their rewards.
I can turn in 10 points and get 10 free rentals!
I'll have to keep that in mind this Winter when
everyone is stuck inside bored out of their mind.
I have a Blockbuster Express about 2 minutes from here
so redeeming those points wouldn't be a problem.

At the moment I am working on what to have for supper
tonight. I have a bag of chicken wings thawed out
in the fridge. I've been searching for a recipe
to use with them. I keep leaning towards this one
for Baked Buffalo Wings. My only problem is that I need to make
half of them so that they are not hot for the kids.
I might just make the other half using regular barbecue sauce.
I have yet to make a good chicken wing recipe so will
let you know how this one turns out.

----------------------------------------------------

Remember to play the Spin to Win game at Kroger.
It ends on September 10th. You can win up to 2 prizes.
I've played many times and today was the first time I
finally won something, $2.00 off my next visit! Woo Hoo!
You need to load 4 electronic coupons to your Kroger Plus
card in order to spin. Any prizes won will be automatically
loaded to your Kroger Plus card.

----------------------------------------------------

10:15am

I was in the kitchen making something to eat for breakfast.
Since I don't feel too bad this morning I decided
to start getting something together for tomorrow's supper
ahead of time. I never know how I'm going to feel one
day to the next so used this opportunity to get a
jump start on tomorrow.

Tomorrow's supper will be fish with rice and veggies.
No recipe. Something I just threw together with what I had.

I took half a container of homemade salsa
and put it into the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
I then added some soy sauce and a splash of apple juice so it wasn't so thick.
Then placed fish fillets on top (roll in sauce once).

Then sprinkle with salt and a little grinder seasoning.

I then wrapped the dish in saran wrap and put it in the fridge
to marinate. Tomorrow I'll bake it. Once baked I'll remove the fish fillets.
Then will boil up a pot of rice with some soy sauce added
to the water. Once that's done I'll stir the salsa into the rice
and serve with the fish fillets.

Homemade salsa- .25 cents
Fish fillets- $1.50
Minute rice- Free

Total cost for meal- $1.75
serves 5 @ .35 cents a serving.

---------------------------------------

4:00pm

Just got the chicken wings in the oven.

I put foil on a cookie sheet and lightly greased
it with butter because I didn't have any cooking spray.

Here are the ingredients I used-

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon powdered chicken boullion
a couple shakes of Mrs. Dash seasoning.

Put all ingredients above into a gallon zip bag
and shake til combined. Add in chicken pieces
and shake to coat.

Place chicken wings onto prepared cookie sheet and bake.


The recipe said to put in fridge for 1 hour but
I don't have that kind of time so just put them
in the oven.

I brushed some with melted butter mixed
with Frank's red hot sauce and the other
with melted butter mixed with bbq sauce.

I'll turn over chicken half way through
baking and brush again.

I thought the bbq sauce bottles were a cute little
size and shape. I will wash them out, remove labels
and use them for craft projects. I was thinking
of maybe making some scented bath salts for
Christmas and using these bottles to put them in.
Then tying a ribbon around the bottle neck.

------------------------------------------------------

5:30pm

Supper is served to the kids.
Tony has to work mandatory overtime the rest of this week
and has the on call pager this weekend.

I haven't tried the chicken wings yet but it looks
good and the kids don't have any complaints!

I also made up a can of Busch beans.
You'll notice that I buy a bunch of
manager specials at Kroger. I am mostly
loyal to Kroger because of them.

And I also made broccoli salad.
Here are the ingredients below
minus the pkg of broccoli with carrots
as only one package was needed to make it.
Will save that package for a potato soup.

-1 pkg broccoli
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/3 pkg bacon, cut up and fried
-about 1 cup mayo
-couple tablespoons sugar (I used Splenda)
-couple teaspoons vinegar

Combine everything in a large bowl and stir together.

Broccoli salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment